• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pnone number for RainForest Cafe

tarheel

Mouseketeer
Hi. If I want to make a PS for Animal Kingdom's Rainforest Cafe, do I need to call a different number than the normal Disney Dining number? If so, does anyone have it? Thanks!

To make a PS at the Rainforest at AK, just call the normal WDW dining number (407-WDW-DINE).

The Rainforest in Downtown Disney does not accept reservations or PS arrangements. It's first-come, first-served.

Just want to affirm Rhonda's post. We recently made a PS for the AK Rainforest Cafe. The CM at first misunderstood the location and told me I could not book through WDW DINE. When I asked for the direct phone number for the AK RC, the CM corrected herself.

Originally posted by Rhonda
The Rainforest in Downtown Disney does not accept reservations or PS arrangements. It's first-come, first-served.

That may have been the position in the past but no longer. You can indeed make a reservation at the DD RFC by calling them directly at 407-827-8500. They have been taking reservations for all of 2004 since January. I made our Christmas eve reservations back in May.

Hmmm...I was just told 2 days ago that the DD RFC does not take reservations. They said it was first come, first served.

It seems like some CM's need to get their stories straight!!

Rhonda, if you were talking to the CM's then that would explain the confusion. They cannot make reservations for the DD RFC. You must call the Rainforest Cafe directly, not Disney Dining.

Originally posted by Rhonda
To make a PS at the Rainforest at AK, just call the normal WDW dining number (407-WDW-DINE).

However, for same day reservations, you will need to call Rainforest directly. (407) 938-9100 (thanks to ciera321 for the #)

I am kindof confused about this.

I have a PS at rainforest in AK in nov. i had wanted one at Downtown disney but they said they don't take ressies. So can I get a ressie at DD by calling them directly or do they not take any at all?
I have no problem sticking with our AK ressie but it is on our last night and I thought maybe a trip to DD might be in order.

thanks to your help, I have just secured a booking for new years day for 7 at 7. Thanks once again for the phone number.
Much pixie dust,
claire

Originally posted by LisaRay
I am kindof confused about this.

I have a PS at rainforest in AK in nov. i had wanted one at Downtown disney but they said they don't take ressies. So can I get a ressie at DD by calling them directly or do they not take any at all?
I have no problem sticking with our AK ressie but it is on our last night and I thought maybe a trip to DD might be in order.

LisaRay, call them now: 407-827-8500. DD RFC makes their own reservations.

Originally posted by fizz13
thanks to your help, I have just secured a booking for new years day for 7 at 7. Thanks once again for the phone number.
Much pixie dust,
claire

Did you book your PS at the downtown location or animal kingdom? I have been calling the downtown location since this past Sunday, and today they told me they would not be getting their seating arrangements (whatever that means) from corporate until mid-November. What's the deal?

Seems like I've read a few posts (not only this thread) of people getting PS's at the downtown Rainforest Cafe. HOW DID THEY DO THAT??? ARGH!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by disney4us2002
Rhonda, if you were talking to the CM's then that would explain the confusion. They cannot make reservations for the DD RFC. You must call the Rainforest Cafe directly, not Disney Dining.

Thanks for the clarification! I, too, was under the impression you couldn't make reservations at the DD location, even with calling directly. Good to know as the wait during popular times usually dissuades us from eating there!

blondeqtip, I managed to secure a reservation at DD RFC for New Years Day. I called 407-827-8500 and asked to make a booking for that date. i had to hold for a while to check this and when the girl came back, was told it was no problem.
However, due to conflicting reports on this thread, I will be ringing closer to the time to confirm our booking. BTW, the confirmation no. they give you is the last 4 digits of your phone no. When you try to book, see if the system tallies.
Hope this helps,
Claire

Hi, Claire! Thank you for replying. The number you listed is the one I've been calling. I envy you!! You must have gotten lucky and had someone nice answer the phone when you called. The 3 times I have called, they have been rude. I guess I'll keep trying until someone nice answers and knows what's really going on.

By the way, what do you mean "When you try to book, see if the system tallies"?

Thanks!

Don't forget, if you join the Safari Club you can always be seated ahead of those waiting in line. We haven't been there for 2 years but I know it is still available. You can sign up by mail (from their website) or when you go to the restaurant. Lots of nice little perks too for being a member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter