PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

L107ANGEL

<font color=purple>Tipsy Pioneer (Committed PUI)<b
For those of you that don't know, I have had a really bad year. REALLY bad year. The news with me medically in the last weeks knocked me down. As Paige will attest to, I bounce, like Tigger, but not so much lately.;)
Today I went to a benefit for Stephanie Jallen, (I do have permission to put this out there) I have known Steph for almost 10 years now.
Steph was born with half of an arm with only one digit. Her leg was so clubbed when she was born that it had to be amputated mid thigh. She holds a very special place in our hearts which I will explain at another time.
Anyway, Steph is being groomed for the Parapalegics for skiing. She is now called the pastel blur, thats how well she is doing!
I attended todays bike rally benefit for her and it opened my eyes!
At the benefit I was sitting alone at a table filling out some raffle tickets. Steph and all the bikes arrived. She looked so happy!
Anyway, she hops off and is getting her pic taken and doing all that. All of a sudden she see me as I am sitting there watching her. To say I feel pride and astonishment at watching this incredible young lady doesn't cover it.
She locked eyes with me and I gave her a wave. She hopped, or as we say Ropped (meaning running in a hopping manner) right over to me and gave me the biggest hug and kiss.
I watched all afternoon of the amazement of people just meeting her, I watched her family and friends run ragged to make this another successfull benefit, and I watched her, winning the hearts of so many.
I sat there at one moment and thought, "how dare I" so I have had a sucky year, so what! It was a moment I will hold on to for a very long time.
She came over and sat on my lap at one point and said her mom told her to remember me in her prayers, she looked me in the eye and said, I don't know what shes thinking because you guys are always in my prayers.
Deb and I were talking and she asked if I heard the latest, she was nominated and awarded a wish.
I looked at Deb and she knew what I was thinking. (terminally ill) She teared up and said, "yeah, I was hoping the medical stuff was behind her, but this proves everyday with her is just a gift"
All I could do was hug her and say "yes, but what a gift" .
At that point we went over to Steph and the 3 of us had our pic taken.
I guess my point is, its all in perspective now. And once again, Miss Stephanie has taught this old dog something new, yet again! ;)

Back from the baseball game. They won by the mercy rule so the game was almost over by the time I got there. It was a beautiful night, though, so I didn't mind being out.

Did you make an appointment? :thumbsup2
They aren't open on Sundays. ;)

Made dinner for the family. Only the little one ate. My other son was involved on the computer and would eat "in a minute". My husband was taking a nap and would eat "not now".
As you know I think that you DH was being incredibly rude. :hug: Make me dinner and I'll eat it. :)

Angel, it really puts things in perspective, doesn't it? :hug: There's nothing wrong with any of us venting and getting down on occasion, but knowing that there are others around going through even tougher times does help us to realize how good we have it...if not in every way, in many ways.

Caro, when I was at the playground with Jake today there was a boy who was swinging on the big swings. He was going pretty high and his Croc flew off his foot, landing in the mulch. It didn't hit anyone, but at that moment I knew I needed to send a Croc-lover a text telling them that crocs are dangerous. :rotfl:

Angel,

It does put it all in perspecive. I know that during some of my darkest hours, when I felt the worst and didn't know if I could deal with everything that was going on for one more day, I'd go up to our pediatric unit and spend some time in the playroom just watching these little kids play. Many had cancer, or severe orthopedic defects, and it put it in perspective for me. It made me grateful to God for all the wonderful aspects of my life. And the interesting thing is that when you talk to the parents of these kids, or the parents of other kids going through what your kid is, you realize that we all do that. It helps us get through our days.

That being said, it's also ok to sometimes just say that life sucks and revel in the suckiness. You odn't always have to be strong when you have people who can take your weight for a while. If you ever need to lean, feel free. But I'm glad that today helped you feel better.

Ah, Angel, how lucky you are to know someone so inspiring. :hug:

Angel, thanks for the reminder of the important things in life. Things like this sure do put things in perspective. :hug:

Tig, thanks for the Crocs PSA!!! :lmao:

Angel, that really does put it all in perspective, doesn't it? :hug:

Back from dinner with the 'rents. We tried Outback, but there was a 40 minute wait! We said fugheddaboutit and moved on. :snooty:

It really is and please don't misunderstand my intent. I was just saying, that today, I really realized, I can do this, I can do anything they throw at me. I will be great in fact! :yay:

It really is and please don't misunderstand my intent. I was just saying, that today, I really realized, I can do this, I can do anything they throw at me. I will be great in fact! :yay:

:thumbsup2 Good!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :hug: :hug:

Back from dinner with the 'rents. We tried Outback, but there was a 40 minute wait! We said fugheddaboutit and moved on. :snooty:
Outback can be worth the wait... :rolleyes1 Ask Angel. :rotfl:

im, are you done ironing? Why aren't you going to WDW in Nov? :woohoo:

Well, of course you will! We told you that! :hug:

Outback can be worth the wait... :rolleyes1 Ask Angel. :rotfl:

I know, I think we were all bummed that we didn't eat there. Once Outback was mentioned I had a mean craving for Aussie Fries. Mmmmmm yummy! But we were way too hungry to stick around.

Night snowy...love ya! :hug:

I know, I think we were all bummed that we didn't eat there. Once Outback was mentioned I had a mean craving for Aussie Fries. Mmmmmm yummy! But we were way too hungry to stick around.
Have you heard the Outback stories? :rolleyes1

G'night Snowy, I'm going too.

Talk to you all tomorrow. :wave2:

Good night all

I'll try to get on tomorrow. I have a busy day, big report due, teaching for two hours, going to get my mammogram, going to get my pelvic ultrasound, then I figure I'll need a cigarette and some pillow talk.

Did I tell you about what Connor did in the public restroom in the rest stop? I'll have to post that one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter