Plz tel me your favorite thing about All Star Sports

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
Hi everyone! In 9 days we arrive at all Star Sports! It was the only resort with the room type I needed and had the free dinning plan, yes I am paying rac rate for the room but I would spend probably $3000 on food so it worth the trade off. We have 2 boys ages 12 & 9 staying 12 nights. I don’t know much about sports, we have stayed at pop liked the resort but not the food court, but than again it’s hard to beat CSRs food court.
I thought the boys would like Sports decor better than Music. We will have a car, it’s just much easier for me ( I have an electric scooter)
Please share what you love about Sports
Thx!!!

We stayed at Sports in April, our prior Value resorts stays were at Pop and A of A. First the bad news, if you didn’t like the food court at Pop I sincerely doubt you will like the one at Sports. It’s smaller and food was adequate but Pops to me was much better. Rooms were the same but Pop has been renovated since then. We had good bus service at each.

What we really liked about Sports was how the resort felt smaller and our room location. We were in Home Run Hotel, a first floor standard room in Building 8, and parking lot was literally steps from our door. I dont think we have ever parked so close to our room at any Disney Resort. We drive to the parks with the exception of MK and Disney Springs. Plus so easy to unload and load luggage.

Our room faced a wooded area so room was very quiet. There was a very nice pool (not the main pool ) very close by and a laundry room. And a short pleasant walk across a cute football field to main building. Whether it was smaller than Pop I don’t know, but the layout of the resort felt considerably smaller. I would highly recommend Home Run Hotel.

Last edited:
We're having our 4th stay there in September. We like the size of the resort it's really easy to walk to the food court, car parks and buses. We also like that there are 2 pools which is really convenient if you're staying in home run

I've stayed at a lot of different Disney resorts. Maybe All Star Sports holds a special place for me because it was my first onsite stay. Also it's the resort we stayed in when I took my daughter on her first trip. The Surf's Up pool is my favorite pool on property. Just something about the aesthetic and the vibe for me. I love the theming of the Surf's Up area. Also the resort is compact so you don't have to walk very far for anything really.

Last edited:
The theme around the main pool with the "boardwalk" and surf boards and ......... I think it's the best value main pool, other than AoA. It all feels very connected to the food court, laundry etc in the area rather than all just plopped down close by. Very up beat and fun. Other than tennis we think all the areas (and we've stayed in all but football, no thanks) are a very quick walk to the main hub. Great footprint. Always had great bus service there as well.

I've stayed at a lot of different Disney resorts. Maybe All Star Sports holds a special place for me because it was my first onsite stay. Also it's the resort we stayed in when I took my daughter on her first trip. The Surf's Up pool is my favorite pool on property. Just something about the aesthetic and the vibe for me. I love the theming of the Surf's Up area. Also the resort is compact so you don't have to walk very far for anything really.
I could have written this! Sports was also our first on-site stay (for both my son and I). It definitely holds a special place for me too. I loooove the surf theme at the main pool. Its so pretty. And i also love how compact the resort is. Great layout, so its a short walk to everywhere. Unlike Music...that's the worst layout i've seen out of all the resorts i've been to. Very narrow layout...just horrible.

Another great thing about sports is that IF you do share buses with the other all-star resorts, sports is always the first pickup and drop off. :)

The Surf's Up pool is my favorite pool on property. Just something about the aesthetic and the vibe for me. I love the theming of the Surf's Up area.
The theme around the main pool with the "boardwalk" and surf boards and ......... I think it's the best value main pool, other than AoA. It all feels very connected to the food court, laundry etc in the area rather than all just plopped down close by.
I loooove the surf theme at the main pool. Its so pretty.
:)
To quote the great Ronnie Van Zant:
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT-SURE GOT THAT RIGHT!

35551065193_0501674820_h.jpg

Thursday, can not come soon enough! We check into Sports! Of all the values this is my favorite! We are a big sports family, so the theming is perfect for us. Love how condense the resort feels. Food court has good choices and IF you share buses with the other All Stars, Sports is first pick up and drop off.

I love All Star Sports. I stay there all the time because I usually stay Value. It is just so small and compact. I usually request and get a room in the Homerun Area of the resort. It is still close to the buses and food court, but far enough away that it is quiet. There is a quieter pool right there as well. The food court isn't the best, but to me it honestly just tastes like park food (which I wouldn't expect much more anyways). The Ice Cream/Gelato station is my favorite though! Busses were great. Only have had one issue in our 3 stays there in the last 4 years, but it was mostly because of marathon traffic and poor planning on my part.

We are staying at Pop for our trip in 3 weeks (can't come soon enough!!!) because it was cheaper so I will miss Sports this round.

I really loved my stay at Sports in February. I had a preferred room and was in Surfs Up on the 3rd floor. I didn't think I'd like the themeing as I'm not really a "sports" kind of girl, but I do love the ocean (even if I don't surf), so being able to book preferred and request Surfs Up was awesome! (I knew it was only a request, but I made it clear that the TOP priority was Surfs Up - I would have foregone my other requests - top floor, corner room) to make sure I got Surfs Up!

First the bad news, if you didn’t like the food court at Pop I sincerely doubt you will like the one at Sports.
For Dinner(4 PM- 10PM)I highly suggest taking the short walk over to Intermission Food Court at All-Star Music.:)

They currently have some AWESOME Dinner offerings-much better than at End Zone Food Court at All-Star Sports IMO!:)

43478211571_da27908ad7_h.jpg

I love being first picked up on the bus and first dropped off. I also love the short walk to the food court even if you are staying at the furthest building away.

I love being first picked up on the bus and first dropped off. I also love the short walk to the food court even if you are staying at the furthest building away.
Being picked up first is a massive bonus if there's a shared bus for the all stars. We always have a car but there will be an occasion where we get the bus to Disney springs or to food and wine festival if we both want a drink so you at least know you'll get on the bus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter