Plotting for June

Kyjin

Mouseketeer
I just found out I received some funding to do research this summer, so I'll be in Tokyo for about six weeks from late May to early July. Of course this means I'm planning on sneaking in a Disney trip. :) I just had a couple questions:

-Does anyone know if there are any ticket deals this summer? When I went two years ago, I managed to get a Tokyo resident ticket for DisneySea (thank you local address). I didn't see anything on the Japanese site, and will likely check Disney stores when I get there in late May, but just curious if anyone has any intel.

-Last time I was in Tokyo, I only managed one day in the parks, so I went to DisneySea. This time I'm planning on hitting Disneyland with one friend and DisneySea with another, probably one in the beginning of June and one in the end. Since I'm not familiar with TDL, can anyone tell me what are the must-see attractions/restaurants/etc? Note that I got to DL regularly and have been to WDW many times. Just trying to make sure I hit the stuff that's the most different from the states.

Thanks guys! :D

If you are there in July, Tanabata is fun. Its fun to see people dressed beautifully in yukatas and jinbeis including Mickey and Minnie.

I just found out I received some funding to do research this summer, so I'll be in Tokyo for about six weeks from late May to early July. Of course this means I'm planning on sneaking in a Disney trip. :) I just had a couple questions:

-Does anyone know if there are any ticket deals this summer? When I went two years ago, I managed to get a Tokyo resident ticket for DisneySea (thank you local address). I didn't see anything on the Japanese site, and will likely check Disney stores when I get there in late May, but just curious if anyone has any intel.

-Last time I was in Tokyo, I only managed one day in the parks, so I went to DisneySea. This time I'm planning on hitting Disneyland with one friend and DisneySea with another, probably one in the beginning of June and one in the end. Since I'm not familiar with TDL, can anyone tell me what are the must-see attractions/restaurants/etc? Note that I got to DL regularly and have been to WDW many times. Just trying to make sure I hit the stuff that's the most different from the states.

Thanks guys! :D

Ticket prices are much less expensive then the US as you know since you've been before. You won't find many deals out there as they keep all hotel reservations and ticket sales pretty much in house. The only deal I can think of is the tiered chart they have…after 6pm entry 33 yen…and a weekend only after 6pm….also if you buy tix online with their internet printout tickets they have additional tiers like senior passports and I believe also over 45 as well….but really you are only saving a couple bucks..heh you made it all the way over the Pacific don't sweat the pennies…

As far as ride musts in TDL.. the biggie is Poos Hunny Hut…and Monstyer's Inc.
Have fun! I loved Grama Sara's for counter service..beautiful place tucked away in a tree in Critter Country.

Oh, I just remembered, there is a locals discount if you go during the week that is good through early July. It gets the one day day adult passport down to 5700 yen. You may need to show proof of residency. I used it at DisneySea recently and they didn't ask me for any proof.

I only have a fuzzy picture of the paper with the info so not 100% sure of when it expires, but I think its roughly 7/6-ish.

Oh, I just remembered, there is a locals discount if you go during the week that is good through early July. It gets the one day day adult passport down to 5700 yen. You may need to show proof of residency. I used it at DisneySea recently and they didn't ask me for any proof.

I only have a fuzzy picture of the paper with the info so not 100% sure of when it expires, but I think its roughly 7/6-ish.

Oh perfect! That's what I had last time I went. I didn't show proof of residency either, but I bought the ticket at the Disney Store and the woman there said it should be fine since I had a Tokyo address. (I was living in a share house for a couple months; same thing I'm doing this time) I know it's not much, but when you're a grad student on a budget, every little bit counts. :) Thanks!

You are welcome - have fun! This is a pretty good deal, especially in light that they just jacked up tickets prices due to the consumption tax increase. I have a Magic Kingdom Club Card discount that I thought was good, but the locals discount still beats the club card by 200 yen. You need all the extra money you can for more popcorn! :)

You need all the extra money you can for more popcorn! :)

Haha, this is true! Last time my friend and I went, we took turns buying popcorn so we could try as many as we could, but still couldn't hit them all. Can't wait to try more this year :)

Haha, this is true! Last time my friend and I went, we took turns buying popcorn so we could try as many as we could, but still couldn't hit them all. Can't wait to try more this year :)

Make sure to try the Soda popcorn, it started this spring. It tastes exactly like Cream Soda. Not my favourite flavour but it was fun to try it out.

One Man's Dream II is a good show that isn't in the States. Then of course the two big rides: Poohs Hunny Hunt and Monster Inc. PHH is worth doing twice, once at RD and then if you can get FPs for much later to let some time go by.

The rest of the park is pretty much the same... even if people say the rides are in so much better condition, it's really not that big a deal, except maybe that Splash Mountain starts off on a hill, so when you re ready to drop form the highest paeak, the view is spectacular. There is Single Rider for Splash, and this works very well even if you want to ride togehter, it's normally possible.

There are lunch and dinner shows in the park, but I haven't seen those.

The display inside the Tomorrowland Pizza Factory is very nice.

And most foreign visitors will want to see the inside of the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. The food is nothing special. If you want to eat there, then go very early, becaude this is the one supremely inefficient part of TDL. Even the tiniest line moves super slowly.

The Electrical Parade is excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter