• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pleasurer island or Universal Citywalk

funtraveler

Earning My Ears
What's your favorite for a night out on the town...Pleasure Island or Universal City Walk? Why?

Thanks

DH and I will usually hit both. We're big Jimmy Buffett fans and must always take a field trip to sit on the Porch of Indecision and swill margaritas and other assorted boat drinks. Also, Emeril's is right next door, and that's good for a fantastic dinner.
As for PI, well, the Adventurers' Club is our biggest draw. Good drinks and interactive comedy -- right up our alley! I am curious to peek in the soon-to-be opened Irish pub, too. Guinness is my friend!
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

funtraveler said:
What's your favorite for a night out on the town...Pleasure Island or Universal City Walk? Why?

Thanks

I know I do sound Bias but I rather do Pleasure Island since there are other stuff you can do prior to going to the PI ( like eating a seafood broil at the Fulton's Crab House :flower: ) we tried City Walk again in 2002 and again we did not find a good crowd. But again maybe it was just us.

outside... almost at the gate of Pleasure island next to Mcdonalds and Portabello Restaurant!!! YUmmy!!!

There is no Adventurers Club at City Walk. That is the only reason I have never been at City Walk later than 8 PM or so.

If they picked up the club with a helicopter and moved it over to Universal, I'd be spending time there.

funtraveler said:
Thanks! Antss2001...is the Fulton Crabhouse inside or outside pleasure island?

Well, with the semi-new ungated policy, inside/outside doesn't mean so much anymore, you can wander around wherever (outside) for free. As someone else mentioned, it's outside, over towards the marketplace end. If you're looking for restaurants, there's also Portobello Yacht Club, a tasty Italianish kinda place.

Citywalk has a better vibe and much better food choices, but I'm up for a first trip to adventurer's club.

We have been to both many times, with and without the adult children. The entire family prefers City Walk. We find the food/clubs more lively, more entertaining. Definately a better variety.

TDC Nala said:
There is no Adventurers Club at City Walk. That is the only reason I have never been at City Walk later than 8 PM or so.

If they picked up the club with a helicopter and moved it over to Universal, I'd be spending time there.

Boy do I ever agree with you. A night without the Adventurer's Club is a sad, sad night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter