pleasure island alone

reedycreek

DIS Veteran
would pleasure island be any fun as a solo? i have not been there in a few years, any advice is appreciated. thanks!

Depends on your personality, I think. I'm kind of a rare loner who likes crowds, so I have a blast when I'm there solo. I suspect you won't feel out of place if you just want to hang out at the Adventurer's Club or maybe CW. The dance clubs are a bit different alone, depending on your threshhold for embarassment. :banana:

Of course, if you're going solo but hoping to meet someone, well, I think your odds are good.

Personally I wouldnt go alone. I would feel uncomfortable esp in clubs where i would have to dance alone. I love PI and love going with my friends, but not solo for me. I'm sure you could meet people though. Perhaps you could make friends with some CM's, perhaps a cute lifeguard, and then plan to meet up with them on CM night at PI.

reedycreek said:
do you need to pay admission to go to the clubs how does that work?

You can walk around the Island for free. Depending on the date you may or may not see a live band on the West End Stage (odds are you won't; special occasions only these days) and the twenty seconds of fireworks at midnight.

You do need a ticket to get into the individual clubs. Several tickets work: Premium AP will do it, or the Plus option on a MYW ticket. If you want PI-only admission, there are two basic flavors: multi-club and single club. Multi-club is (I think) $20.95 and gets you in anywhere. Single club gets you in to any one of the dance clubs (but NOT the Adventurer's Club or Comedy Warehouse) for $9.95. You can also get a PI annual pass for something like $54.

I went to PI by myself this past Wednesday and had no problems with it although I just went to Adventurerer's Club. AC seems to have an atmosphere that is very comfortable for solo travelers.

I go solo to PI all the time. I usally stay at AC but have to go into Mannequins to see there light show. :cool1:

I go into Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse alone all the time!! However, having said that, I usually run into other regulars that I know, so then all of a sudden I'm no longer alone :-)

I have wandered into each of the other clubs for about 10 minutes each, just to say I had been there.

Carol

I am going solo for the first time in June & am probably going to give it a try one night--no DH, no Dkids! I really love the humor at AC, so will probably give it a try. You should too--have fun-good luck! Deb :rolleyes:

Going alone is no problem.

But you might consider trying to get a meet going here for one of the dates of your trip.

well i didnt go after to PI after all, just didnt want to pay the admission. maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter