Please vote: Kona Cafe, GFC, or The Wave for dinner ADR

Which restaurant would you choose for dinner?

• GFC

• The Wave

• Kona Cafe

Results are only viewable after voting.

mommy22pumpkins

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We are doing the Wave for dinner one night- before MVMCP. And the menu looks great! But we want to do dinner another night (hoping to use only one TS) on one of the monorail resorts. We can't decide which would be the best option. We will be there close to Christmas time if that makes any difference (Nov 27TH to Dec 3RD).

Please vote which you would choose and why?

We have eaten several times at the GFC and find it to be an undervalued gem. Its quiet, but not stuffy. Food and service are excellent. I true respite in the midst of too much stimulation..but perfectly kid friendly at the same time. It is a rare "must do" for us each trip.

I also think that being in the GF, you could enjoy the lovely decorations at the same time!

I've eaten at all 3 at least 2 times each, and I'd go with Kona Cafe. If you weren't already doing the Wave, that would be my choice, but since you are I would try Kona for something a little different.

I think the food quality is highest at Grand Floridian Cafe, although all three are quite good for 1-credit TS restaurants.

Its hard to beat Kona. Good food and the location at the Poly is very nice.

I would choose GFC.
I finally tried Kona last weekend, after wanting to go there for a year. While it is located in the heart of the Poly, it really lacks atmosphere. The food was ok.

I think you will love the Wave! My DD7 loved it so much we ate there 2 times this past May! She loved their dessert trio of gelato (popcorn, peanut butter and jelly, and rocky road)! The pork tenderloin with warm spinach salad was also great! Would love to try GFC on our next trip! Good luck with your choices.

As much as I love the Grand Floridian Cafe and think of it as a bit of a hidden gem, (well, at least as "hidden" as a restaurant in the Grand Floridian can be), I had to pick Kona for this one.

Had you been looking for a lunch or breakfast spot, I would have given GFC the nod, but for dinner, Kona has the better menu. It's just that simple.

As much as I love the Grand Floridian Cafe and think of it as a bit of a hidden gem, (well, at least as "hidden" as a restaurant in the Grand Floridian can be), I had to pick Kona for this one.

Had you been looking for a lunch or breakfast spot, I would have given GFC the nod, but for dinner, Kona has the better menu. It's just that simple.

I'll second this and add that the thing that really tips the scales is the addition of the Kona Island Sushi Bar selections at dinnertime. One would be remiss to not order a volcano roll.

i would have voted for grand floridian cafe...

but my fiance would vote for the wave :laughing: the wave is kind of cool, i just ordered the wrong thing. when the menu said potato waffle... i was thinking like a waffle french fry or a waffle shaped potato pancake....

but what i got looked like roscoe's chicken and waffles... complete with syrup and i didn't taste any potato. grrrr. he loved his steak!

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

this was my GFC steak :) and crab cakes!

103_0060.jpg

103_0059.jpg

hope this helps!!

I'll second this and add that the thing that really tips the scales is the addition of the Kona Island Sushi Bar selections at dinnertime. One would be remiss to not order a volcano roll.

Exactly what I was going to say!

I'd pick the GFC. I just love the quiet atmosphere, the food is consistantly good, as is sthe service.

Our meals at Kona have always been good -- can't say the same about the other two choices.

I voted for GFC because you can also have photo ops with the Gingerbread House and the Lobby tree at that time of year. Also if you time it right youcan hear the band or piano player too.

Also love the food at Kona too.

We are going about the same time as you in December and we are doing a GFC lunch and Kona dinner this time.

Kona cafe is much better than GFC. Didn't care for GFC for dinner, service was awful and food was so so. Lunch is good but service is still bad. Kona cafe been a few times for dinner and it was very good, plan to eat there again in 3 weeks! The food & service are just better. The fish is very good and I love their wing app!
I've never been to the wave, but plan to try it this time. The menu does look good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter