• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

please tell me about codes

ryan840

DIS Veteran
hi. i tried posting this in the family forum before i knew about the welcome forum. sorry for the double post! i figure i have a better chance here... if anyone would be willing to explain the code system to me, id be soo grateful. ive found bits and pieces but nothing that tells me what i need to know. where do you find them, who can use them, how do you use them, how do you know when to look for them, etc... im sure you get this all the time, but everyone has to start somewhere :worship: thanks again! btw, i will be going may 1 - 5 and am staying off site. (although i am hoping to change the dates to the week after)

To the best of my knowledge, codes are used to get discounts on Disney lodging. They also work with package deals. You may be able to use something like a AAA discount for passes, but beyond that I don't know.

When folks here talk about codes, they are usually speaking specifically of resort discounts. For example, someone who had booked a moderate resort will often look for "codes" that will give them a discount on that rate. It's just basically getting a discount, no matter where you are staying, on-property. Disney releases codes for specific rooms/resorts/time of year, throughout the year. Themouseforless.com lists the codes as they become available. When there is a AAA discount available, it's called a "AAA" code. There are other "codes" for various other discounts. Sometimes if you've been to WDW before, to entice you back they'll send you a postcard with a "pin" on it; if you call for a reservation and mention that pin number, you get a discount "code" for the room you want to book.

So, in a nutshell, a code is simply a certain discount attached to certain Disney resorts at certain times of the year. There may be "codes" or discounts for lodging outside The World, but someone else here on the DIS boards will have to take over on that one, since I'm not familiar with them!

thank you so much for your help! ive been searching and searching but never came up with anything solid. ill be checking that website frequently!

The resorts board has the most info about codes since codes are discounts on rooms. You might want to check that out. Additionally, www.mousesavers.com lists the codes as they become available but you'll always here about new public (as opposed to e-mail or postcard) codes being released here on the resorts board first!

You can only use the codes with a travel agent or if you call Disney Central Reservations (CRO). Some nice Cast Members (CMs) will offer the codes if you ask for available discounts. Others say there nothing unless you actually tell them a code. Many codes have restrictions - like Florida resident, annual passholder (AP). AAA discounts are almost always available. Sometimes there are general use codes too - those are popular. Check out mousesavers.com for great info on discounts! A code is usually three alpha characters - like BEX, EXZ, Etc. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter