PLEASE,,,,,Stop calling Riviera an EPCOT resort.

The monorail took me an hour to get from VGF to Epcot last time I tried. Literally an hour. In July. After that I swore never again TO the park, and I was so annoyed that I didn’t bother taking it back FROM the park either.
We usually walk to Polynesian from VGF and stop at Captain Cooks for a light meal, then walk to the monorail at TTC. Still takes about an hour, but were not in a hurry either.

OMG, is the OP ok?

Who cares?

Enjoy the resort call it what ever makes you happy

Hate the resort call it what ever makes you happy…..

This like all the people the refer to the magic kingdom as “Disney”

And get really mad when they are told the whole place is Disney ….

As a Riviera DVC points owner I tell people “it’s kinda an Epcot resort”
It's a "Nice Weather" Epcot resort.

On July 4th, 1/2 hour after the fireworks ended, the line was still building for the Skyliner and it was beyond the back entrance to BCV and the CM was assuring that they would get everyone and the wait time at that point was way over an hour.

BCV, that’s an Epcot resort!

I definitely see your point.

December 30th last year we were at VGF and left after fireworks were done. Took over one hour because only option was monorail or ferry then walk. BLT would have been only quick option. Just can't judge based on that.

Not sure where I stand. I'd almost say riviera is an EPCOT. Most times during the day via skyliner it's less than 10 minutes from station to station. Some boardwalk rooms going there to epcot can take just as long. Would be nice if there was a walking path but as someone else mentioned, AKL does not have one of those either to AK.

December 30th last year we were at VGF and left after fireworks were done. Took over one hour because only option was monorail or ferry then walk. BLT would have been only quick option. Just can't judge based on that.

Not sure where I stand. I'd almost say riviera is an EPCOT. Most times during the day via skyliner it's less than 10 minutes from station to station. Some boardwalk rooms going there to epcot can take just as long. Would be nice if there was a walking path but as someone else mentioned, AKL does not have one of those either to AK.
Walking path to VGF was closed?

It's an Epcot resort to me. I also almost think of SSR as one. The places I like to book and we really only do Epcot festivals so we book Epcot resorts as often as we can. That's BWV, BCV and RR (SSR is our next preferred for almost quick enough). The quickest treks to World Showcase.

Also, what is with the ,,, ?
SSR is a Universal resort for us. Easy highway access lol

I think it's also pertinent that Disney calls all so-named resorts 'area' resorts. We tend to quietly and lovingly leave out that not so insignificant designation.

Add "General Vicinity of..." before the park name and there you have it. Personally, I don't care one way or the other so have never thought to question it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter