PLEASE,,,,,Stop calling Riviera an EPCOT resort.

Wait - so you haven't stayed at BLT but are declaring it too sterile and business like?

I've never lived in one for 7 months (thank goodness!) but have also done a fair amount of business travel. Never once did I go to bed with fireworks out the windows over a castle then wake up to ferry boats, monorails and train whistles while staying at them. haha
It's the problem of "future type" theming that they've always had with the CR. After the horrendous color wheel blob they had at the CR in the early 2000's I'm really fine with where BLT has been. I'm on vacation and can enjoy different decors than I have in my home. BLT was the one that when I saw it I said if that is DVC it might finally get me to buy. And what did I do before it went on sale? Bought VWL resale. Can you get a more opposite design/decor? :rotfl2:

Honestly though I don't hate any DVC resort. Pluses and minuses to every single one as DVC has yet to check all the boxes at any one of them.
I toured it. Did not like the rooms at all. Love the view of the fireworks from California Grill.

Fake locations at WDW? Crazy. Next you'll tell me Pandora and Baatu aren't really different planets.
They didn't imagine or create a spring...They did create a whole Pandora land and a Star Wars land. So what's up with the Spring?

@DonMacGregor, thanks for finding that video! I remember being impressed by how thoughtfully the spring was created. And I remembered it also because Theron Skees was the first Imagineer we met at Lunch with an Imagineer, many years ago.

On July 4th, 1/2 hour after the fireworks ended, the line was still building for the Skyliner and it was beyond the back entrance to BCV and the CM was assuring that they would get everyone and the wait time at that point was way over an hour.

BCV, that’s an Epcot resort!

I definitely see your point.
I don't get how that is different from PVB? If walking to the park is the criteria only BLT and VGF are MK parks

While we're at it, can we PLEASE stop calling California "Cali"? There are literally zero human beings here in California who call it "Cali". Cali is a city in Columbia. You can choose NorCal, or SoCal, but not "Cali".

Lastly, never, and we mean NEVER, refer to California as “Cali” unless you want to stick out like a sore thumb. “Cali” is the abbreviation used for California that only non-natives use. Not only do local Californians never use this slang, it actually rubs them the wrong way.

101 fun & colorful California slang words from SoCal to NorCal

Last edited:
This thread brightens my day (almost as good as the Fishing Report in Campaigning World thread). Did not pick the winning numbers of the 1.6 billion Mega Millions. Not the best work week but I get knowledge of what is an EPCOT resort for a $1,000 Alex! :thanks:

On July 4th, 1/2 hour after the fireworks ended, the line was still building for the Skyliner and it was beyond the back entrance to BCV and the CM was assuring that they would get everyone and the wait time at that point was way over an hour.

BCV, that’s an Epcot resort!

I definitely see your point.
Keep in mind that it was
On July 4th, 1/2 hour after the fireworks ended

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter