Please stay safe this Thanksgiving

I've seen very few people inside stores without masks or wearing them under their nose.
I agree that most people are getting accustomed to wearing masks & wearing them correctly but there are still people who are refusing to or not wearing the under their nose. Unfortunately it is these people who are also the ones who will be going to parties & gatherings without masks.
I see it every day. I saw a lady in Walmart today with NO MASK. There are many people (the public/clients) with them under their nose all day or off every day at work.

Yes, generally when you learn more about a novel virus, the plans to treat and mitigate it change. We will learn more about it in the coming months/years and what we think we know now may no longer be applicable and new treatments and prevention measures will be recommended.

You have no business being condescending to anyone about critical thinking lol.

Nice try. It was never any doubt that it's transmitted the SAME WAY colds, flu, other viruses are mucous membranes.

You have to read between the lines to know when you can trust him to be telling the scientific truth and when he's just *wink wink* telling people what he needs to so he can manipulate their behavior.

And there are a LOT of people who are so easy to manipulate. But I digress.

I'm talking about early on when they told us masks didn't work. They knew masks worked. They just didn't want people out buying them up at that point. They lost a lot of credibility choosing that course.
That I will agree with for the most part, they either lied in order to preserve the supply of masks or they were wrong. But I don’t think that one mistake early on is cause for never trusting him again.

I agree that most people are getting accustomed to wearing masks & wearing them correctly but there are still people who are refusing to or not wearing the under their nose. Unfortunetly it is these people who are also the ones who will be going to parties & gatherings without masks.
I see it every day. I saw a lady in Walmart today with NO MASK. There are many people (the public/clients) with them under their nose all day or off every day at work.
I don't know that I would think those people are the ones also going to parties and gatherings without masks. I mean I'm sure some of them are. But I tend to think a lot of them are not quite thinking about the mask thing. I've said jokingly to my husband a lot of us would be much more on board with wearing masks if only we could breath unobstructed.

While correct mask wearing has been mentioned for a while I feel like it wasn't for months later that they came out and officially said that wearing it covering your nose was more important for the most part than covering your mouth. I know it's not an excuse for these days but just looking around it seems strange that people are just making these judgement calls on people and what they are doing in their private lives unless they have proof.

Am I one of the few that tends to not think the worst of everyone?

I know I've heard and been around people who are thinking they are doing what they are supposed to when it comes to the virus and they really aren't. I don't think those people are out going partying but they also don't have as much knowledge about precautions as they think they do. I don't think anything ill will of them though.

Maybe I just give people more benefit of the doubt in their intentions?

I don't know that I would think those people are the ones also going to parties and gatherings without masks. I mean I'm sure some of them are. But I tend to think a lot of them are not quite thinking about the mask thing. I've said jokingly to my husband a lot of us would be much more on board with wearing masks if only we could breath unobstructed.

While correct mask wearing has been mentioned for a while I feel like it wasn't for months later that they came out and officially said that wearing it covering your nose was more important for the most part than covering your mouth. I know it's not an excuse for these days but just looking around it seems strange that people are just making these judgement calls on people and what they are doing in their private lives unless they have proof.

Am I one of the few that tends to not think the worst of everyone?

I know I've heard and been around people who are thinking they are doing what they are supposed to when it comes to the virus and they really aren't. I don't think those people are out going partying but they also don't have as much knowledge about precautions as they think they do. I don't think anything ill will of them though.

Maybe I just give people more benefit of the doubt in their intentions?
Take a look at these recent articles about the feelings and actions of some in the Midwest:

https://apnews.com/article/iowa-sou...Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

https://www.wisconsinwatch.org/2020/11/wisconsin-covid-19-update-11-13-20/

There are MANY who simply do not care at all.

You have to read between the lines to know when you can trust him to be telling the scientific truth and when he's just *wink wink* telling people what he needs to so he can manipulate their behavior.
He is widely respected by scientists and public health officials, so of course he is trusted. I am having a hard time believing we are still arguing about mask wearing amd social distancing all these mon this this later, it’s no wonder the pandemic is uncontrolled.

Take a look at these recent articles about the feelings and actions of some in the Midwest:

https://apnews.com/article/iowa-sou...Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

https://www.wisconsinwatch.org/2020/11/wisconsin-covid-19-update-11-13-20/

There are MANY who simply do not care at all.
I'm in the midwest (albeit not in ND, NE, or WI). I'm well aware. I was commenting about this statement:

"I agree that most people are getting accustomed to wearing masks & wearing them correctly but there are still people who are refusing to or not wearing the under their nose. Unfortunately it is these people who are also the ones who will be going to parties & gatherings without masks."

The assumption that someone who is wearing a mask incorrectly are "these people who are also the ones who will be going to parties & gatherings without masks." I'm a bit saddened that people are so focused on thinking the worst of people. I see someone who is not wearing a mask correctly and I don't just think they are going around like nobody's business. Could they? Of course and wasn't something I was denying. But is it certain and only because their mask is under their nose? No. Unfortunately sometimes people are just misguided in mask wearing, sometimes they just aren't thinking completely about what the mask does.

Every time someone see a government official (mayor, police officer, governor, health official, etc) with their mask down, or under their nose or off do they automatically think they are "these people who are also the ones who will be going to parties & gatherings without masks."? If they don't think that (which I don't think that when I see it) why would they make the assumption about the average person? And I have my own experience with people I know that they really truly think they are taking the best precautions when it comes to the virus and unfortunately they are misinformed. But I certainly don't think the worst of them.

Blah blah masks. Blah blah science. Then blah blah politics. Then blah blah personal attacks. :mic: Then thread gets shut down. $10 says it gets shut down tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter