• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Share Your HS Plan of Action

We will be there March 4, opening day for MMRR, and could not get a fast pass as I was not online until 2pm the day they released them, and they were all gone! Our party of four includes 3 adults and one 3year old, who is 37 inches tall and too short to ride much! We are looking at shoes with thick soles but not counting on him getting through!
Our plan-
1.Arrive at 7 for an 8am opening-have breakfast bars and snacks.
2. Get into park and as far down Holly Blvd as possible-try for a boarding pass but will not be heart broken if we don't get one as we are returning in June.
3. Queue up for MMRR- be prepared to wait in line until our first FP for Toy Story Mania at 1015-Let 9am FP for 3 year old to Star tours expire
4. If by a miracle we are done before 1015 check out wait times for Saucers or Olaf greeting and maybe get one in
5. Ride TSMM with 1015 FP
6. Parents take 3 year old to Disney Jr. dance party for 1105 show while Mimi (me) rides Tot with FP for 1115
7. I meet parents at RnRC for them to ride with FP 1125
8. Hollywood Brown Derby at 12
9.Disney Visa Darth Vader meet about 1
10.Ride MFSM with child swap with FP that begins at 135 from 135-210-party not riding take grandson to Doc Ondars or milk stand or popcorn cart
11. Oga's Cantina reservation at 235-check in after MFSM
12. Time to kill before Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner at 5 -maybe try for Saucers FP or check shows schedules
13. Mama Melrose dinner at 5
14. More time to kill before Fantasmic at 8-go back and explore Galazy's Edge at night-see about Olaf or Saucers FP again-
15. Arrive at 730 for Fantasmic at 8 with our dining package tickets

We believe we are going in with reasonable expectations-we don't think the three year old will wait over two hours in a line for MMRR, but we have movies loaded on his tablet and little toys to bring out. We are really practicing getting boarding passes to RotR,which we for sure want to ride in June, but if we get one we will of course ride it. We will try to see some of the shows if they fit in our free time. We don't want to ride SDD this trip-we have enough rides 3 year old can't ride yet. If we have to just get on the Skyliner and ride around (can you do that like you can the monorail?l) we may do that for downtime. We have two ADR's to escape the crowds. We plan on letting this be the indulge the 3 year old day with snacks or souvenirs if needed.
Any input is appreciated.

Sure. The app will sometimes give incorrect error messages. Once you’ve clicked “find out more” and “join a boarding group” you then get a screen where you need to select the members linked to your MDE account who will be riding with you. In our case, it was simple. We only needed to “select all.” The error Message occurs after this screen when the app isn’t recognizing certain members as being tapped into the park. It’s a common problem. IF this happens to yo, screen shot the error message, “remove” the members not showing up and “continue” to get your boarding group. Then show a GET CM that your party was actually all in the park at open and they should add everyone to your existing BG. This wasn’t a necessary step for us as my DS17 had already obtained our BG on his iPhone. You should practice this from home (at park open) a couple times and you’ll understand the process. Good Luck!

Can you expand on this? I have just started looking into how to get a BG and haven't seen this particular situation come up yet.
Sure. The app will sometimes give incorrect error messages. Once you’ve clicked “find out more” and “join a boarding group” you then get a screen where you need to select the members linked to your MDE account who will be riding with you. In our case, it was simple. We only needed to “select all.” The error Message occurs after this screen when the app isn’t recognizing certain members as being tapped into the park. It’s a common problem. IF this happens to yo, screen shot the error message, “remove” the members not showing up and “continue” to get your boarding group. Then show a GET CM that your party was actually all in the park at open and they should add everyone to your existing BG. This wasn’t a necessary step for us as my DS17 had already obtained our BG on his iPhone. You should practice this from home (at park open) a couple times and you’ll understand the process. Good Luck!

We have dedicated 2 of our six days to HS for upcoming Spring Break Trip.

Day 1 is our arrival day, so ROTR is likely off the table even though we will be arriving late the night before, we have a couple people who are not early risers and Day 2 will be the "rope drop dash" to FOP at AK.
Plan for Day 1 we have FP+ FOR RnR (11:55), ToT (12:55), and SDD (3:10). These were timed later on purpose because of it being arrival day. We had originally planned on MK as our Arrival Day park, but when HS switched to evening EMH for that day, we changed plans. During EMH we will hopefully be able two work in both MFSR and MMRR. Anything else will be a bonus for that day.

Our 2nd day at HS will be the big one. Although opening is posted at 9:00 still, I anticipate that will move up to at least 8:00 AM, if not 7:00. Plan on being out of Port Orleans 90 minutes before park open. We will have a car, so we will drive to the park. Will have 5 of us trying for Boarding Passes when park opens, and plan to rope drop favorites or anything we were not able to do on Day 1 that we don't have Day 2 FP+ for. After a ride or two will try to get later time slot for Jedi Training for DD12. Tap, Grab, and Modify as much as possible.

FP+ for this day are TSM (9:40), RnR (10:45), and MMRR (11:50).
We have Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Lunch Package at 12:40, DD10 Driod Depot at 1:55, DD12 Savi's Lightsaber at 2:45, and Oga's at 3:20.

I think this is some good insight into setting our expectations on our HS day and how we want to tackle getting the BG etc. We have a few days planned at HS, but only 1 day to grab a BG. Hopefully, the ride is operational that day and if we are lucky enough to get an early group, we may be able to leave the park after riding and go do some other things then come back to use our afternoon FPs and dinner reservation that day.

So our plan for an all adult trip on April 1-2 is as follows:
This is one out of two park days so pretty high stakes though we have set low expectations.

The theme is rope drop, early FP rides in star wars land, traverse park with an FP anchor, reserved lunch, activities in the afternoon with whatever tier 1 I could get. Now that there are more desirable tier 1's it is possible to get one at 60 days...

Arrive at least one hour before opening.
Rope drop choice is not set
Will try for a BG
FP Star Tours 9:25 (I had assumed we would rope drop MF Smuggler's Run but might choose MMRR)
FP ToT 10:30
Check RnRR but only two would ride
Brown Derby Fantasmic Lunch at 12:30 (if still paper vouchers plan to offer them to a three person party we might meet)
Droid Depot 1:45
Opportunistic rides unless it is too crazy then maybe a meet and greet or character interaction
Lightsaber Build 4:25
Oga's Cantina 6:20 then straight to
FP MFSR 6:25-7:25

Last edited:

Does everyone in your group need their own MDE account to try and get a boarding group, or can they all log in on the same one?

We have done Studios 3 times since RotR opened. Everytime we did it the same way: ( new tiers will change this a bit and we have another one coming up so here is our plan)
We have a MMRR, ToT, and RnRC set at 805, 915,1035. Our goal is to use all 3 FPs before 930.
So we will get to the park about 645 since park opens at 8. They will let people in about 715. We will go hop in line for TSM first and while in line, wait for the opening announcements, jump onto MDE and grab a BG. Ive grabbed 7,7 and 23 so far on 3 tries. If its an early one thats perfect, if not ill drop it later if need be and go to Epcot.
We will do TSM, Go do MMRR on FP and immediately modify ToT and RnRC, do the same with both of those and expect to be done with all 4 by 930. Easily doable. At 930 should be able to grab a SDD and usually they are for the 11-12 time window. Go do Star Tours or something like that. If our BG was an early one, should be able to do that before doing SDD. Do SDD then head to Epcot. That leaves me with 2 drops at Epcot, Tiers are broken, and generally you can pull a Soarin, Spaceship Earth, or FEA when TT is up and running. Grab one of those, modify, do it and whatever else and it should be pushing lunch time. Sit down for lunch and grab a TT, then after doing that pull the one of FEA and Soarin I didnt grab earlier.
Just takes some patience.
This is inspiring!

Does everyone in your group need their own MDE account to try and get a boarding group, or can they all log in on the same one?

Everything I've read has multiple people signing into a single MDE account and being successful. That's how our MDE is set up (one account for all 5 of us), so that's what we're doing.

We're also in the day-and-a-half camp for HS. Our first day is our full day there. It was 60+1 when our FP+ window opened, and there were no tier 1 left. One showed up for MFSR for midday finally today. We've got a Sci-Fi Dine-In ADR for ten minutes earlier than that, though, so we're going to have to eat fast to make that window. If our RotR BG (assuming we snag one) gets called around the same time, we'll have to try convincing Sci-Fi Dine-In not to charge us for cancelling.

We're planning on doing SDD early in the day with a loooong queue, but can't rope-drop it as our children are desperate to face off against some Sith, and we're starting our day signing them up for that. We've got FP+ for ToT and TSM, and we can be done with ride-type attractions by early afternoon, aside from AS2 and MMRR, which we have FP+ for on our half day. We also have a second chance at a BG for RotR on the half day. Then we're off to a water park for the rest of the day, which I haven't managed to talk the children out of.

We'll be there in mid April. Right now, my plan is to pretend RotR doesn't exist. We'll be visiting HS on two days, and I have a Smuggler's Run FP+ for day 1, and Mickey&Minnie Runaway Train FP+ for day 2. Our plan this trip is to sleep in, and spend more nights in the parks. All that being said, if we're asleep early the night before, and everyone is up at 6 am (without an alarm), maybe we'll give it a shot. I stress too much... and not planning on riding RotR alleviates some stress.
We are planning two HS days as well, and these are the two fast passes I'll be looking to get for our May trip. May I ask which 2 days of your trip you got them for?

We are planning two HS days as well, and these are the two fast passes I'll be looking to get for our May trip. May I ask which 2 days of your trip you got them for?

Day #4 and Day #6. I planned our HS days for later in the trip, just to make it easier to get our Fastpasses.

Our trip is the first week of May, and planning for two days at the Studios. We have reservations at Oga' s and 50s Prime Time Cafe, and hope to get fast passes for MMRR and MFSR The two days are at the end of the week to increase chances for those FP. ....and of course RotR- wife is a huge Star Wars fan!

We just get there early enough to get into a boarding group for ROTR and depending on what we get for boarding group numbers we either stay or leave. Last time my husband was with me and wanted to stay all day. We got boarding group 4.
So we rode Smugglers Run, rode ROTR, rode Alien Saucer Swirl, then it was time for our first fast pass so we did that, got some lunch, then did our 2nd fast pass before our Oga Cantina reservation. Hung out there enjoying food and drinks and then watched Indiana Stunt Show, saw Muppets since it had just reopened, rode ToT standby (won't be doing that again - 45 minute standby wait was double that.
Then we had to leave to clean up and meet some friends off property for dinner.

We skipped slinky dog. Not sure how we handle our next trip yet. Probably similar and we'll try to get a Fast Pass for Mickey/Minnie Runaway Railway for our tier one.

We’ll be there the last week of March —two parents, two kids ages 8 and 3.5, plus two grandparents. We’re doing 6 park days with hoppers. Currently only have one solid DHS day planned on day 5. For that day we have FP for all the TSL rides in the morning with the last one ending at noon. My 3.5 year old likely won’t ride SDD — she’s tall enough but a little timid — so as mom I’ll take one for the team and do something else with her while the rest of our crew enjoys Slinky (or I may do rider switch if time allows).

We’re playing RoTR and whether we rope drop by ear — if the hours stay the same then the crowds will be super insane and we are not sure we want to bother. Given current crowd level reports from there, we will likely just do our TSL fast passes, eat lunch, do a few shows with the kids (they love the Frozen and the Muppets one), see if we can get FP for ToT or others, check out GE and ride MFSR if the standby isn’t too long and then hop to Epcot for the evening. The adults in our group love Star Wars but we go every year so we are not about fighting the crowds and waiting in too-long lines. And since we have hoppers we can always try and hit DHS another day. Our touring style is to plan out our mornings/early afternoons at a specific park but then we hop to wherever is least crowded or wherever the crew wants to go for the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter