Please share your experience: Thanksgiving character dinner 2023

B3rlingirl

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,
I hope you had/are having a fabulous thanksgiving…

I am considering spending next years thanksgiving at DL and would love to hear your experiences with character dinner/lunch specifically at Goofy’s and storytellers.

I did a regular character dinner at Goofy’s last summer and a thanksgiving character dinner at storytellers in 2019. In hindsight the character interactions were way better at Goofy’s and the overall experience was way more “fun”.

I am wondering if that’s just on me (being alone vs with my parents), if it’s because of a different ambience at storytellers vs Goofy’s, if it’s because of thanksgiving and a more festive feeling or if it was just an off experience…

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I have only ate at both on non-holidays and I agree with your review of each. Storytellers is more calm and fits the atmosphere of Grand Californian hotel/luxury but comfortable for families. Goofy's Kitchen is well, more 'goofy' :) Larger selection of kids items finger foods with more of a party type feeling.

I like both but it truly depends on what mood you're in- normally I prefer Storytellers since it's not as chaotic but also like Goofy's for more fun food options.

Not a fan of the mandatory 18% gratuity tough as they're not full service restaurants (and have had mixed service.) I assume CM's/union demanded it.

We did Goof’s Kitchen. First time since 2019 and was disappointed - only Goofy plus two other characters.

Tip- we did scheduled a late brunch and checked-in ontime, which qualified us for the brunch pricing. There’s a 30+ minute lapse between brunch and lunch, and the restaurant doesn’t close, so many people hung around longer. We waited over an hour to be seated but got dinner for the brunch price. Saved over $30pp including tax and tip.

Not a fan of the mandatory 18% gratuity tough as they're not full service restaurants (and have had mixed service.) I assume CM's/union demanded it.
Both WDW and DL have added auto gratuity to buffets ever since I can remember. It isn’t the CM/unions demanding it. At most buffets, you use to pay the full cost when you checked in. It’s only recently that you paid at the end of the meal, or - in WDW’s case - added you own tip on.

Both WDW and DL have added auto gratuity to buffets ever since I can remember. It isn’t the CM/unions demanding it. At most buffets, you use to pay the full cost when you checked in. It’s only recently that you paid at the end of the meal, or - in WDW’s case - added you own tip on.
True- I just was never happy about that as I've had pretty poor service at Goofys. I could of even refilled drink if they move drink stations to guest areas. Literally no need for 'servers' who get to take in 18% every table. JMO

Thankfully have much better service at Storytellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter