please reassure me

Jenn504

Mouseketeer
Hi. My family of five ( 3 adult tickets and 2 kids) is heading to universal Nov29- dec3, then transferring to Disney. We will be staying at the HRH. My plan is to purchase 5 day 2 park to park tickets online at universal before we leave. My thought is to upgrade to seasonal passes on Sunday dec 3, after we enter the parks but before we leave. We plan on leaving around noon. We plan on returning a couple days next October for HHN. I know thanks to my fellow diser's that I can not enter Universal on a Mannheim Steamroller concert day which is Dec 2 and 3. That is why I am going to be patient and do it right before we leave the park on Sunday. I don't know where to upgrade in the park though.
Does this seem like a good plan? Any unknown reason this should not work. I am a little nervous because I almost feel like I am getting away with something. I just want to go to both parks all 5 days and have annual pass to return with next Halloween.
Thanks for any advice or reassurance.

Sounds like a good plan to me! You're smart to be careful of the concert dates - that almost caught me unaware! You don't have to feel like you're getting away with anything. Universal is happy to take your $$$, and if you're coming back next year, that will make them even happier. You also don't have to buy your tickets from Universal - the authorized online sellers often offer better pricing, and since they're authorized, you can be sure Universal is satisfied with the arrangement.

At US, the customer service counter is to the LEFT of the gate before you leave the park. There's a courtyard area and some arches in front of lockers, and then the customer service building in the corner (I think). It's nondescript but you can't miss it. And if you're really worried, ask a TM any day where to find it.

I'm not sure about IoA, but the same "ask a TM" would work there too. :thumbsup2

If you should happen to forget, and leave without upgrading, it's worth the effort to go back through the gate and upgrade INSIDE the park - all adults would need to go, so you would probably need to bring the whole family. While you can upgrade outside the gate, there are numerous reports of folks paying more than they could have if they upgraded inside the gate.

Have a great time! We'll be heading home from our 5th visit just before you arrive. Getting SO excited!

Hi just wanted to let you know that they your annual pass will start from the first day you used it. I was confused when I upgraded mine on the last day. My first day was July 27th and the last was August 3rd. My pass expires on July 28th of next year. I am glad I did it we are going to go back in June since we bought the three park pass and VB will be a black out month for us.

The IoA counter is to the right of the entrance.

Also, we did just what you are doing only we ungraded 3 day passes to Seasonal since we knew about a future trip we could use them one.

We decided to sneak in an additional trip but our dates included concert days we then upgraded again to power passes with one of us getting the preferred so that we could have the free parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter