• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please rave about Olivia's

Our Ratings of Ohana - Lunch & Dinner: (*rev 4/15/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . Appys:... Onion Rings
. . . Entree:.. Island BBQ Pork Ribs
. . . Dessert:. Key Lime Tart
NOTE: Used to be highly rated. However, the food has severely deteriorated over
the past year. The service is very spotty. Food is often cold. For quality/service,
we select other restaurants. As a side, unless you knew the food was to be Island
style, you wouldn't have guessed. During dinner, there are coconut races for the
kids, leis, Hawaiian music. The kids might have fun at the eatery, but it certainly
is not on our list of eateries. It's too loud. It's too lax in service. It's too low in
quality. It's too bad. However, the breakfasts are really quite good.

Our Ratings of Ohana - Lunch & Dinner: (*rev 4/15/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
Our Recommendations:
. . . Appys:... Onion Rings
. . . Entree:.. Island BBQ Pork Ribs
. . . Dessert:. Key Lime Tart
NOTE: Used to be highly rated. However, the food has severely deteriorated over
the past year. The service is very spotty. Food is often cold. For quality/service,
we select other restaurants. As a side, unless you knew the food was to be Island
style, you wouldn't have guessed. During dinner, there are coconut races for the
kids, leis, Hawaiian music. The kids might have fun at the eatery, but it certainly
is not on our list of eateries. It's too loud. It's too lax in service. It's too low in
quality. It's too bad. However, the breakfasts are really quite good.

Confused! This is clearly an 'Ohana review, as it says it is at the top, but "Our recommendations" seems to list Olivia's selections.

That said, we LOVE 'Ohana, and are eating there on our first park day this year :)

We have eaten there several times. It is becoming a popular restarants. Have had the cobb salad, burger, steak sandwich, scallops all have been good.

We ate at Olivia's in November and we really liked it. DH and I needed a night alone (we were with big group) for dinner and decided to see if they would take a walk up and they did. I have a shell fish allergy and they we wonderful about it. We wanted to try the onions rings and were informed we would have an extra a little longer, as they had to start new oil for me, since they use the same oil for all their fried food. Those onion rings where worth the wait as they we hot, crispy on the outside with very tender onions on the inside. For our entrees, I choose the French Dip with mashed potatoes, the FD was one of the best I have ever had. The potatoes where good, but I was too full to eat them. My husband ordered the DVC special, which was homemade chicken fried steak, with veggies and a mashed potatoes, he said his meal was very good. We really enjoyed Olivia's and plan to return on our next trip.

It's a good meal. Fantastic, amazing, unbelievable? Not so much. We stayed at OKW and ate there twice, so it definitely does the trick! There are some nice "beachy" feeling entrees and the conch fritters were great! It's such a pretty resort (especially near Olivia's) so that's another big plus! ENJOY!

We really enjoyed it....the onion rings were really good and the key lime pie........

We really enjoyed it....the onion rings were really good and the key lime pie........

While I'm currently sold on the conch fritters, I may need to convince someone else in the family to get the onion rings. Too many good reviews to ignore! Even with the DDP, this could turn out to be our most expensive meal :)

We've eaten at Olivia's since 1998, and loved it! The menu's changed often over the years but some items remain consistently very good: the burger with bacon and cheddar, huge, cooked to perfection, juicy, my mouth waters as I think about it. The pork chops, same, tender and moist, some years served with rice, now served with polenta(the new hot lick). I've always loved the conch fritters. Now breakfast, Olivia's breakfast potatoes, so tasty! KEY LIME PIE enough said! It's our arrival day lunch or dinner and it signifies the start of a fantastic time together and in all of the years we've eaten there, we've always had good food, and great service! FYI: they have specials, the fried chicken, amazing!:yay: And should you enjoy a cocktail from time to time, The Turtle Krawl is my all time favorite!

Last edited:
We too have never had a bad meal at Olivia's. In fact when we make our reservations my husband always wants to eat there. The people are friendly and welcoming, the food is really good, they usually have wonderful specials each day and it's a relaxing place to eat. I would recommend that you try it.

We were there recently and we both enjoyed our meals. DH had the tomato & mozzarella salad and the prime rib. I just had the chipotle BBQ chicken. The service was friendly. We were there about 4:45 but the waiter didn't mind that we wanted to order prime rib which wasn't available until 5. He put the order in a couple of minutes early. It was pretty quiet. It that could have been the time of day too. We will definitely be going back but I can't say we would go every time we're in Disney because it is a bit out of the way.

Confused! This is clearly an 'Ohana review, as it says it is at the top, but "Our recommendations" seems to list Olivia's selections . . .

1) Oops. did a wrong click of the mouse.
2) See below.
3) Must have been one of those "Senior Things".
Our Ratings of Olivia's: (*rev 4/8/2015*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff attentiveness: A
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Sunrise Platter (bfast), Conch Fritters (lunch/dinner)
. . . entree:.. Seafood Omelet (bfast), Pulled Pork Sandwich (lunch/dinner)
. . . dessert:. Key Lime Tart (lunch/dinner)
NOTE: It is somewhat inconvenient to drive or take a bus to OKW. The food uniqueness
used to be lovely, but DDP has forced the eatery to slip greatly from the unique to ordinary.
Although pleasant in the surroundings department, the food is well above average for lunch
and dinner, but breakfast is really good and reasonably priced. Try the Seafood Omelet, truly
yummy. The Duval Street Burger is decent. Arguably the best pulled pork sandwich on the
WDW property. The club sandwich always is tasty. Chowder was too spicy for our "chowder
purist" taste. However, they have THE BEST key lime tart on the property. The lunch and
diner are basically the same, except for minor dinner entrée differences. Between Trail's End
at Fort Wilderness and Olivia's at Old Key West, tough to determine which is the Best Kept
Secret at WDW.

I'm with Beaslyboo! Ask if Olivia's has their "famous" fried chicken on the menu the week you're there. It's awesome! I actually will occasionally call Olivia's to ask when they will next feature this dish on their menu. It used to be on the menu but for the last several years, is usually featured a week at a time, for say, just lunch for example. LOTS of Disney execs and CM's head over to Olivia's for a good meal served in a less than insane environment.

I've been an OKW member since '93 so my crew has had MANY meals at Olivia's and we always enjoy it. Those onion rings are fabulous and the 2 sauces they serve with them are yummy. Great salads and a small but varied menu. We love it. I would agree with many here that the food at Olivia's is at LEAST as good as most Disney restaurants and better than a lot of them. Be sure to come back and let us know what you think! Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter