Please rate my ADR’s!

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We are on Deluxe Dining for our 5 day trip. I have 2 ADR’s each morning and early evening, as we are not big lunch eaters. 2 are repeats for us (CRT & Akershus breakfasts), but everything else is new. We are me, DH, and our triplet boys, who are 9. I am unsure on a lot of these, but we really wanted to try to eat at the Boardwalk and get the full Boardwalk experience. We saw the Rainforest Cafe volcano on our last trip at Disney Springs, when we ate at T Rex, and my DH thinks the boys will enjoy it, but I’m wondering if the one at Animal Kingdom is as nice at the one at Disney Springs? We are also still considering Liberty Tree Tavern or Whispering Cafe for Sat. instead of Chefs de France.

Will we regret not eating at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Disney Springs? We ate at California Grille on our last trip, and want at least one nice dinner this trip. Will we have one from the dinner reservations I listed? Are there any I have listed that we should cancel or change? Are there any days where it appears the dining will just take too long? I appreciate all the help I can get. It’s hard to try new things. We were originally going to try a new resort—Beach Club, and I regret sticking with Poly now only because we have already been there, but...we all loved that resort. Just trying to at least try different things during our days. The one thing we don’t have is a visit to Wilderness Lodge & Campground. Anything we should consider there? Thanks so much!

Tues: Rainforest Cafe Breakfast—AK park
Tiffins ROL dining package—AK park

Weds: Bon Voyage Breakfast — Boardwalk
Biergarten—Germany

Thurs: Akershus — Norway
Flying Fish Cafe — Boardwalk

Friday: The Wave Breakfast — Cont Resort
Storybook Dining at Artist Point

Sat: CRT — Magic Kingdom
Chefs de France Epcot

So I am not a big fan of Rainforest Cafe and at Animal Kingdom you have one of the best character meals at WDW:Tusker House. I'd drop Rainforest for Tusker House.

Also, while I absolutely love Tiffins it is probably one of the least kid-friendly restaurants in WDW. The environment of the restaurant is fairly adult and the kids menu may be challenging if your sons are picky eaters. That being said, you mention wanting at least one nice dinner and Tiffins will definitely offer that (as will Flying Fish).

In terms of Liberty Tree or Whispering Canyon in place of Chefs de France, I would personally opt for Liberty Tree. The Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake is probably my absolute favorite desert in all of Disney World, so I'm a bit biased.

Whether you will regret not dining at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Disney Springs is really only a question that only you can answer; however, you have certainly picked a lot of wonderful restaurants, so I doubt you will have any regrets.

Hope this helps!

You have 4 princess meals in your plan. Are the boys ok with that? I don’t have boys so I’m not sure but just wanted to make sure you are aware.

Also, each meal will take 1.5-2 hours. Multiply that by 2 and you are eating in a restaurant 3-4 hours a day each day. That would be too much for me.

So I am not a big fan of Rainforest Cafe and at Animal Kingdom you have one of the best character meals at WDW:Tusker House. I'd drop Rainforest for Tusker House.

Also, while I absolutely love Tiffins it is probably one of the least kid-friendly restaurants in WDW. The environment of the restaurant is fairly adult and the kids menu may be challenging if your sons are picky eaters. That being said, you mention wanting at least one nice dinner and Tiffins will definitely offer that (as will Flying Fish).

In terms of Liberty Tree or Whispering Canyon in place of Chefs de France, I would personally opt for Liberty Tree. The Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake is probably my absolute favorite desert in all of Disney World, so I'm a bit biased.

Whether you will regret not dining at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Disney Springs is really only a question that only you can answer; however, you have certainly picked a lot of wonderful restaurants, so I doubt you will have any regrets.

Hope this helps!

Agree w this 100% Definitely swap out Rainforest for Tusker House if you're gonna be in AK. I would also consider swapping out Tiffin for maybe Jiko over at AKL. The atmosphere is more enjoyable for families and I think the food is much better. It's also nice to be able to walk around AKL afterwards.

I also feel like if you're doing Trattoria and CRT for princess character meals, you definitely don't need Akersus in Epcot. I think it's a waste. You'd probably be better off doing a nice lunch in World Showcase instead.

If you're thinking of doing any dinners in Disney Springs, we love Homecomin' and Boathouse.

Have a great trip!

I also feel like if you're doing Trattoria and CRT for princess character meals, you definitely don't need Akersus in Epcot. I think it's a waste. You'd probably be better off doing a nice lunch in World Showcase instead.

One possible option in place of Trattoria would be Cape May Cafe at Beach Club. They have a breakfast buffet which includes visits from Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy. I believe they wear beach outfits here rather than the traditional clothes, which is a unique experience.

Rainforest is a waste of time and money IMO; I would go for Tusker House. Also, we just ate at Tiffin’s last week and it was a shadow of what it was in May 2018 in terms of food authenticity and interest. I would second Jiko’s over Tiffins.
Askerhus is very princess focused and the menu a bit different. There is a nice breakfast at the Garden Grill in the Land that has the big 4 plus Chip and Dale.
The Flying Fish is expensive for what it is. If you want a quality experience in the Boardwalk area, The Yachtsman is very good, with a steak focus. Another alternative is the Japanese restaurant and the hibachi experience.
I like your Friday choices, and for Sat, if the menu has something the boys will eat, I would keep the reservation.
Enjoy.

Rainforest is a waste of time and money IMO; I would go for Tusker House. Also, we just ate at Tiffin’s last week and it was a shadow of what it was in May 2018 in terms of food authenticity and interest. I would second Jiko’s over Tiffins.
Askerhus is very princess focused and the menu a bit different. There is a nice breakfast at the Garden Grill in the Land that has the big 4 plus Chip and Dale.
The Flying Fish is expensive for what it is. If you want a quality experience in the Boardwalk area, The Yachtsman is very good, with a steak focus. Another alternative is the Japanese restaurant and the hibachi experience.
I like your Friday choices, and for Sat, if the menu has something the boys will eat, I would keep the reservation.
Enjoy.

We ate at Tusker House on our last trip and wanted to try something different, but we did enjoy it. For dinner, would it be hard to leave Animal Kingdom and go to AL Lodge for Jiko for dinner and then return to Animal Kingdom for Rivers of Light?

Thanks for all the feedback.

One possible option in place of Trattoria would be Cape May Cafe at Beach Club. They have a breakfast buffet which includes visits from Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy. I believe they wear beach outfits here rather than the traditional clothes, which is a unique experience.

We were on the fence between Tratoria and Cape May Cafe. Perhaps we should do both and skip Akershus?

You have 4 princess meals in your plan. Are the boys ok with that? I don’t have boys so I’m not sure but just wanted to make sure you are aware.

Also, each meal will take 1.5-2 hours. Multiply that by 2 and you are eating in a restaurant 3-4 hours a day each day. That would be too much for me.

Well, they enjoyed CRT and Akershus on our last trip, but perhaps we could cut one of these out for another experience somewhere new?

We went in January last time and definitely didn’t spend 2 hours at either Akershus or CRT. We were at Artist Pount close to 3 hours. I definitely don’t want a repeat of that.

remove Rainforest Cafe Breakfast. You can eat at these type of places all over the country. Think "Friday's or Applebee's". CRT is AWESOME and I enjoyed AKERSHUS. Consider Yak n Yeti in AK. Very underrated. Cape May is also very good, especially if you like crab legs. ('Ohana is a winner too)

We ate at Tusker House on our last trip and wanted to try something different, but we did enjoy it. For dinner, would it be hard to leave Animal Kingdom and go to AL Lodge for Jiko for dinner and then return to Animal Kingdom for Rivers of Light?

It really depends on what time your dinner reservation is and what time RoL is. If you're doing an early dinner reservation (5ish) and RoL is at 8pm or later then you should be okay assuming you get a FP+ for ROL. Alternatively, you could do the ROL Dining Package at Tusker House for breakfast so that you aren't using up one of your FP+ slots. Its relatively easy to get between AKL and AK given their proximity to each other.

It really depends on what time your dinner reservation is and what time RoL is. If you're doing an early dinner reservation (5ish) and RoL is at 8pm or later then you should be okay assuming you get a FP+ for ROL. Alternatively, you could do the ROL Dining Package at Tusker House for breakfast so that you aren't using up one of your FP+ slots. Its relatively easy to get between AKL and AK given their proximity to each other.

Thank you! This makes sense! What is Jiko like? I’ve never eaten at Jiko, but I have eaten at Boma and Sauna. I didn’t really love the food at either, but loved the atmosphere at both.

Tiffins is amazing.
Swap Tusker for Rainforest - go to the Rainforest at DS instead if you want the big volcano 'wow'

The Wave is kind of a painful use of the DDP for me. But I also would be more likely to use my credits on an early lunch instead of breakfast at least half the time because of the 'value' of the credit

My family has always had a good experience at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Fun characters, lots of choices, and it only takes about an hour. Since you’re right next door at the Poly, it would be convenient. Just a thought.

My family has always had a good experience at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Fun characters, lots of choices, and it only takes about an hour. Since you’re right next door at the Poly, it would be convenient. Just a thought.

Thank you! We had considered this. Perhaps we’ll switch Rainforest with this just to try something different.

Tiffins is amazing.
Swap Tusker for Rainforest - go to the Rainforest at DS instead if you want the big volcano 'wow'

The Wave is kind of a painful use of the DDP for me. But I also would be more likely to use my credits on an early lunch instead of breakfast at least half the time because of the 'value' of the credit

You would keep Tiffins then? It’s a very early ADR, but that’s because it is with ROL dining package—3:20 I believe. It’s more like a late lunch.

So, the DS Rainforest Cafe is better than the one at AK park? We were wondering if there was a difference? I was also wondering if you can even see the volcano inside the restaurant anyway?

We enjoyed Tusker House for breakfast, so that’s definitely an option.

You would keep Tiffins then? It’s a very early ADR, but that’s because it is with ROL dining package—3:20 I believe. It’s more like a late lunch.

So, the DS Rainforest Cafe is better than the one at AK park? We were wondering if there was a difference? I was also wondering if you can even see the volcano inside the restaurant anyway?

We enjoyed Tusker House for breakfast, so that’s definitely an option.
I would definitely keep Tiffins. Maybe try for an 8am Tusker?

No noticeable interior differences between them (I don't think) I just meant if you were going because of the big display at DS maybe just go to that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter