Please note that your party may be seated at more than one table.

I was told this at the sci fi. I thought it was just because the cars only sit a specific number of people so in order to be seated in cars, we would have to split up.

I FINALLY got decent time reservations for O'Hanas at the end of July. I got a 5pm on Sunday (the only time available for a whole week for lunch or dinner) as I was looking to 5pm slot was taken down, then I got it again and reserved it even though our party may be split up. We may not be there on Sunday night for dinner but if I get a pin, we may be able to stay one more day so I made the reservations just sin case.

I really hope they don't split up us and the kids but like the pp said, Disney PROMISED to seat us separately! I would hope when they see us with an infant they'll keep us together.

I FINALLY got decent time reservations for O'Hanas at the end of July. I got a 5pm on Sunday (the only time available for a whole week for lunch or dinner) as I was looking to 5pm slot was taken down, then I got it again and reserved it even though our party may be split up. We may not be there on Sunday night for dinner but if I get a pin, we may be able to stay one more day so I made the reservations just sin case.

I really hope they don't split up us and the kids but like the pp said, Disney PROMISED to seat us separately! I would hope when they see us with an infant they'll keep us together.

I got the same message for a 5pm reservation for this July as well for 2 adults/2 kids..... but I doubt very much that we'd be split up mainly because the restaurant opens at 5 and if you show up at least 15 min. early, chances of them running out of tables would be slim :goodvibes

That is just a general disclaimer. The online system has even put it on reservations for parties of one. Unless you have a large party (I'd guess six to eight or more) I would think you would not have to worry about it at all.

And even then, they try hard to get you together. We had ten last trip and the only place we actually ended up at two tables (right next to each other) was Crystal Palace - everyone else managed to seat us at one table.

IM A MOTHER OF 1 YOUNG DAUGHTER AND SON? DO THEY REALLY PLACE PARTIES OF THREE DIFFRENT TABLE'S? AT EMPTY TABLE'S OR TABLE'S WITH STRANGER'S? IM NOT THAT DESPERATE TO EAT AT ONE OF THESE OVER PRICED PLACES FOR THAT! I MAY HAVE HAD ALL 3 OF US DOWN AS ADULTS(IM NOT SURE), BUT DO THEY REALLY EVEN DO THAT, SIT ADULTS AT TABLES WITH PEOPLE THEY DONT KNOW AND AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILY? :mad:

AND HAS ANY1 EVER HAD A WAITER OF WAITRESS COME AND SIT A STRANGER NEXT TO YOU AT YOUR TABLE? OMG:mad: IF THIS IS THE CASE WE'LL TAKE OUR PARTY OFF-SITE AND STAY AND EAT(BETTER FOOD TOO BTW) SO WE CAN EAT AT THE SAME TABLE AS A FAMILY! AT THE PRICES DISNEY CHARGE THAT WOULD TAKE SOME NERVE ON THEIR PART:mad::mad:!:mad: PARTY OF 3 MAD AS HELL

Relax. This is just a standard disclaimer they put on all of the reservations. They aren't going to split you up.

As another poster said, that "phrase" is a disclaimer. I would make sure that you did not put all three of you as adults though. Was not sure if your daughter is (1) or you have 1 daughter and 1 son. I have never had our party (4ppl) separated even though we have had the info listed on some of our reservations in the past. Disney would never separate a parent from their children. I hope you have a lovely meal and maybe you might be pleasantly surprised by the quality too. :)

IM A MOTHER OF 1 YOUNG DAUGHTER AND SON? DO THEY REALLY PLACE PARTIES OF THREE DIFFRENT TABLE'S? AT EMPTY TABLE'S OR TABLE'S WITH STRANGER'S? IM NOT THAT DESPERATE TO EAT AT ONE OF THESE OVER PRICED PLACES FOR THAT! I MAY HAVE HAD ALL 3 OF US DOWN AS ADULTS(IM NOT SURE), BUT DO THEY REALLY EVEN DO THAT, SIT ADULTS AT TABLES WITH PEOPLE THEY DONT KNOW AND AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILY? :mad:

I have eaten at plenty of Disney restaurants and have never had this happen. We have been split up into as many as 3 tables close together when we were a group of 17, but never sat with strangers. We will be a group of 9 in July and all our reservations had the disclaimer but from experience I know they will get us somewhat close together. I was just thrilled to be able to get reservations at TS places 70 days out.:dance3:

Wait, I just remembered there is some place in Epcot, I think Germany, that does seat you with strangers but it is part of the experience. Any way I have never eaten there but my daughter told me about it. She had a great time eating there also.

I don't recall seeing it on any of our ressies for 3 people, but the one ressie we have at The Wave for a party of 5 did say we may be at different tables. Whatever. :rotfl:

Wait, I just remembered there is some place in Epcot, I think Germany, that does seat you with strangers but it is part of the experience. Any way I have never eaten there but my daughter told me about it. She had a great time eating there also.

Yep - at the Biergarten - they have shared tables because it is just like going to a biergarten in Germany... We always sit with interesting people & have a great time!!!

AND HAS ANY1 EVER HAD A WAITER OF WAITRESS COME AND SIT A STRANGER NEXT TO YOU AT YOUR TABLE? OMG:mad: IF THIS IS THE CASE WE'LL TAKE OUR PARTY OFF-SITE AND STAY AND EAT(BETTER FOOD TOO BTW) SO WE CAN EAT AT THE SAME TABLE AS A FAMILY! AT THE PRICES DISNEY CHARGE THAT WOULD TAKE SOME NERVE ON THEIR PART:mad::mad:!:mad: PARTY OF 3 MAD AS HELL

The only times I have had strangers sit near me were at Beirgarten (they always seat you with other parties at table of 8- the last time we happened to be seated with the photopass manager for DHS and a vetran who had just returned from Iraq and was alone- it was really neat talking with them during the meal). Also at the Prime Time Cafe we had someone seated with us as a punishment (for them) for something because we were a party of 3 at a table for 4 in the room beside where their party was seated.

Is this the way it's going to be at every restaurant I try to book? We've got 7 adults and an infant. We really don't want to be split up for every meal. Are they really going to split us up?

Also, if booking online or over the phone better? Or does it make much difference? We're not booking 180 days out, btw. We're a little late.

We went in Nov 2008 with a party of 9 and I was told this for every TS reservation I made, and we were never split up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter