Please!! I need help planning :)

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
Okay so we will be in Orlando from 11/30-12/5. Leaving on 12/5 early morning to drive back home. We are spending our first 2 days at universal and then moving to art of animation 12/2-12/5. I have 3 days to spend at the Disney parks and one of them will be spent Sunday 12/3 at MVMCP. I'm debating on a 2 park base ticket for the other 2 days or a 2 day park hopper so we would be able to do all 4 parks. It will be myself, husband and 5 year old boy. Any suggestions? Is it difficult to do 2 parks in one day? And if not how would you split them up? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

It really depends on your priorities. Will you be more disappointed to miss seeing 2 of the parks or by only having half a day in each park?

Try making a list of what you want to do then start thinking about what you'll negotiate on.

It really depends on your priorities. Will you be more disappointed to miss seeing 2 of the parks or by only having half a day in each park?

Try making a list of what you want to do then start thinking about what you'll negotiate on.
Well I technically won't be missing 2 parks. We will be at magic kingdom for MVMCP. So if I do base tickets I will just need to eliminate one park.

Well I technically won't be missing 2 parks. We will be at magic kingdom for MVMCP. So if I do base tickets I will just need to eliminate one park.

Would you consider doing a 3-day base ticket and spend the morning of your MVMCP day at another park? That would allow you to do all four. I haven't checked prices, so I don't know if an extra day is more expensive than the park hopper, but it would make for a more leisurely three days instead of trying to hop.

I'm not sure if you have ever been to Disney world or if you plan to go back any time soon, but if it was me i would skip Hollywood studios this time around. There is so much construction and not many attractions open at this time. Then you could have a full day at each park and spend less on park tickets.

I like the idea of you doing a 2 day base ticket to be used at AK & DHS plus you have MVMCP which will give you time in MK. Bypass Epcot, which has limited offerings in general right now especially for a 5 year old. Park hoppers are great in theory, but have you spending alot of your time traveling between parks vs actually being fully present in the park you select for the day. I am assuming you might need a stroller for your son & with park hopping, again, you are lugging it on/off Disney transportation or into/out of your car.
Have fun!

I'm not sure if you have ever been to Disney world or if you plan to go back any time soon, but if it was me i would skip Hollywood studios this time around. There is so much construction and not many attractions open at this time. Then you could have a full day at each park and spend less on park tickets.
I did consider skipping Hollywood Studios for the reason you mention. But I have a lunch reservation at Hollywood and Vine for the Minnie's Holiday Dine. Not sure how good that will even be and If it's worth spending a day in Hollywood Studios just for that. So many decisions! LOL

I like the idea of you doing a 2 day base ticket to be used at AK & DHS plus you have MVMCP which will give you time in MK. Bypass Epcot, which has limited offerings in general right now especially for a 5 year old. Park hoppers are great in theory, but have you spending alot of your time traveling between parks vs actually being fully present in the park you select for the day. I am assuming you might need a stroller for your son & with park hopping, again, you are lugging it on/off Disney transportation or into/out of your car.
Have fun!
My t
Would you consider doing a 3-day base ticket and spend the morning of your MVMCP day at another park? That would allow you to do all four. I haven't checked prices, so I don't know if an extra day is more expensive than the park hopper, but it would make for a more leisurely three days instead of trying to hop.
I did consider that. The 3 day base ticket is about $100 more then a hopper. Just wasn't sure if my 5 year old would be too tired at the party if we did another park on the same day.

We are doing a similar thing on our trip coming up. We have two-day base tickets and a MVMCP ticket. We are going Nov. 10-14 and plan on spending a day at Animal Kingdom and a day at EPCOT and going to MVMCP on our off day. During that day we will hang out at the resort and visit Downtown Disney Springs.

We recently went WDW for a day (yes, it can happen) and went to MNSSHP for the first time. We were able to do a lot that evening. The rides were basically walk-on except for SDMT which had a 30 minute wait (the longest wait all night). We had a great time and didn't feel like we missed anything. We are looking forward to the Christmas party.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Honestly, after spending two full days at Universal, I think it'd be best to just go with the 2-Day Base ticket at Disney, in addition to the party. You could use the rest of your Magic Kingdom day to take it easy and fully enjoy Art of Animation, which should be right up a 5-year-old's alley.

Don't feel pressured into doing too much! While it stinks to have to miss out on HS, there isn't a lot there for a 5-year-old to enjoy, when compared to the other parks. And you run the risk of running everyone ragged if you try to hop from park to park and do everything within half a day.

Just make sure you get to MK by 4 p.m. on the afternoon of the party, so you can get in some rides before it officially starts.

Have a great trip!! :flower1:

This is where the personal preference thing comes into play. If it was me, I would never be happy with just the Christmas party as my only MK time. A lot of your time will likely be spent on holiday things (parade, fireworks, shows, etc.) I would barely be ok with just one party to do the party specific things. I would need a full other day in the MK for everything else. I would probably skip DHS and Epcot. :scared1: I know.... I know..... but you see? It varies greatly depending on who you ask. But in my world. There's the Magic Kingdom....... and then there's the other 3 parks. If I leave feeling I shortchanged Epcot or DHS I won't lose sleep. But I'd be very sad if I left and felt like I shortchanged the MK.

There is a lot of walking to and from transportation. I do feel that switching parks eats up a lot of time. I agree with mom2rtk about MK being the favorite for little ones. The other parks are just kind of blah when compared to MK for the littles. When my child was younger, I really looked at the attractions we would be able to do at his age and what I felt he would be interested in. Regardless of what you decide, you guys are going to have a blast!

A lot of this depends on what your son likes. Hollywood is limited right now but when my god-daughter was 5 she was already heavily into Star Wars and would have ended me if I suggested something like that. Animal Kingdom is great but most of the rides a 5 year old cannot manage (but the shows are incredible). Except for Frozen and Journey Epcot can be boring for little ones. I say this even remembering when my daughter was 5 and spent an entire day in World Showcase shopping ( we still spend a day there for her shopping ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter