• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

please help with plan change

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
as my countdown clock says
i had a trip on site all planed the my
FIL passed away and DH now want to take MIL
which i think is great however it means back to the drawing board

we have decided that off property is probably the best $$$ deal but now for the big question

when are the crowds and weather better
the end of september or the 2nd week of October?

we always go in the spring so i have nothing to compare it with

any suggestions would be appreciated

TIA:jumping1:

so sorry to hear about your father in law. i would suggest late september as the crowds might be a little less. october begins fall festivties however which would be fun. have you thought about a wilderness cabin at fort wilderness? not sure how many are in your party, but these sleep 5 plus you will have a kitchen which would help cut on food costs. or perhaps joining rooms at a moderate. just something to consider. have a wonderful trip.:tongue:

End of Sept. will have lighter crowds but a much, much higher chance of terrible weather. The rain from the hurricanes pounding the coasts can be a real trip downer. Getting into the 2nd week of Oct. you'll escape that alittle, but you'll run a risk no matter what with those 2 time choices. Unless you're looking specifically at Columbus Day weekend, then Oct crowds aren't that bad. Also, you'll have MNSSHP if you go in Oct.

Actually, FW cabins sleep up to 6 adults or children PLUS one child under 3 in a crib for a potential 7 occupants. That's what we're doing. Off season runs around $229 a night, and the CTH code quote I got was $192 a night, so if a good code comes out it might be pretty competive with off-site. :)

Originally posted by kaylajr
as my countdown clock says
i had a trip on site all planed the my
FIL passed away and DH now want to take MIL
which i think is great however it means back to the drawing board

we have decided that off property is probably the best $$$ deal but now for the big question

when are the crowds and weather better
the end of september or the 2nd week of October?

we always go in the spring so i have nothing to compare it with

any suggestions would be appreciated

TIA:jumping1:

I am sorry to hear about your FIL.
We always go in mid Sept. and really like that time of year, low crowds, nice weather. We have only encountered the problem of weather from hurricanes one, for Floyd, and as it turned out, CT got it worse than WDW. In truth hurricane season is from June through November, Disney is almost dead middle in FL. You may get rain, but, I would not worry about that, ponchos take care of that.
If it were me, I would opt for the Sept. time frame.
Check the DVC board for the possibility of renting points. They tend to range from 8-10 per point, no tax. A one bedroom in Sept would be 160 points. It accomodates 4 plus one child under 3.

The fall seems to be a good time to go. I believe its a value rate time. I would also rent a house during that stay. Go to www.vrbo.com. They have all types of homes for rent. Up to 7 bedrooms with private pools. And some like in Emerald Island and Windsor Palms are in a resort like area so if (for example) something breaks, or goes out, you can still call mantenance and someone would come out and fix the problem like in any hotel. If you want to book now some owners are giving some great early booking discounts - some up to 20%.

Hope this helps!!!!!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter