• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help! Wishes and SpectroMagic with kids - best strategy?

annab6

Earning My Ears
I am reading all the tips for the parade and Wishes and I am still confused. I am trying to create a plan that would allow my kids (4 and 7) to enjoy the shows instead of getting frustrated because they can't see.

We will be having dinner at the Castle on 3/17 (Wednesday) at 5:30. The parade is at 8pm and Wishes is at 9pm.

Assuming we will have at least an hour after dinner but unlikely much more than that, what would be our best strategy?

Should we go to the less crowded Frontierland location after dinner for Spectramagic? But in this case, where should we go after the parade to get a good spot for Wishes?

Or, should we try to get a spot on Main Street to see both? What are the chances that we can find one? Where on Main Street do you need to be so that the kids could see the Castle during the fireworks? I've seen a couple of locations suggested to the left or to the right but no reference to how good they are for children who aren't on anyone's shoulders.

We can't stay for a 9pm Wishes on another day but we can possibly come on Tuesday the 16th for the 8pm parade.

Thanks
Anna

Hi!

We sat in front of the castle for the Spectromagic parade, and had wonderful seats. People started claiming spots about an hour beforehand, so get there as early as possible. I staked out the spot with the stroller and one kid, while dh went on a ride with the other child...that way, the kids weren't sitting still for an hour.

Most people stayed in their spots to watch Wishes. We chose to do rides instead, so I can't give advise on how great the spot is. I do know you can see Tink come down if you're right there!!

We actually ended up riding Pirates about 10 minutes before the fireworks and watching Wishes from the bench right outside of the Pirate store. It was a nice, quiet setting.....not one I would have seeked out, but it worked out great:-).

Oh, I forget what you said about times for the castle. I would count on an hour and a half for getting in and out. That should give you time to visit Cinderella if she happens to be there, too!
Have fun!!

We watched from the balcony over the main street railroad station. It was a great place for Spectro because that parade begins from the backlot right by the fire station. And it was a perfect spot to view Wishes. You would probably have to stake out your spot about an hour before. And when Wishes is done you are right by the park exit if you want to leave right away.

We were pleasantly suprised!! We only staked out a spot about 25 minutes before the parade. We were sitting on the curb and in a blocked of portion of the road the circles around in front of the castle. We were about 4 people back. The suprising part was everyone stayed seated!! It was great! I couldn't believe it! Perhaps the CM's had previously told everyone to stay seated. I know the strollers had to be left farther back.

Leaving MK was a nightmare! Wishes was right after spectro then the park closed. It took forever getting on the Monorail.

Both at MGM and MK we waited until 20 minutes before the parades and stuff and lucked out. At MGM, the CM got us a spot right up front, and at MK, someone was leaving on the curb and offered their spot to us. Having little ones seems to help get a closer spot sometimes.

alison

I forgot to mention that there are chairs up on the 2nd floor balcony of the train station. That's why we got there an hour ahead, to reserve the chairs. It was nice to sit down. There is plenty of standing room up there, though, if you don't mind standing.

I really enjoy the parade from Main Street. We watched the Christmas Parade from Frontierland this December and it just wasn't the same as Main Street. You can always skim along Main Street right after you eat and if there's nothing there, then go over to Frontierland.

I loved our spot for Wishes. We were right at the statue of Walt and Mickey in the middle of the hub. Kids were able to stand on the ledge seating around the statue. Although, I sure like the idea of the train station and might try that this July. Sounds like a wonderful spot for the parade, Wishes and getting out of there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter