Please help, weekend trip 7-7 to 7-9.

Lulu's Mom

Mouseketeer
We are taking a trip to Disneyland this weekend and I am a novice when it comes to Disneyland. I am hoping that someone can help me out with a few questions. We are only planning on visiting on July 8th, Saturday. I am sure that the park is going to be crowded so we are planning on getting there for the openning and taking a afternoon break and then coming back at night. My questions are, I can book a room at Paridise Pier for 140.00 a night. Is this a good price and worth the money or should I just stay at the Jolly Roger or Clarion? Also I want us to eat either lunch or diner at the Blue Bayou restraunt, do they take adrs like WDW? If not do we just get there early and put our name on a list or maybe even be sat? Also if anyone has any touring advice, we are traveling with my DH, 2 yesr old DD and me, pregnant DW, so we will not be doing any thrill rides. Should we do Fantasy Land first, then Tommorrow land and so on, or would it be better to do Tommorrow land first, for Buzz Lightyear.

Sorry this is so long and any help or advice I would so love and appreciate. Thanks DISer's. :thumbsup2

That is a good price for PP. I would go with it. You will want to call and get PS (Priority seating) for Blue Bayou. Its been closed for a months and just reopened last week. They are likely to be busy, I wouldnt try to do walk up.

With out question, yes, do Fantasyland first. The lines get long early in the day and stay that way until very late at night. Getting on Buzz will not be a problem, it has fast pass and the lines always seem to move quickly for that ride.

The 8th is a Saturday, so yes, its going to be busy. Saturdays are an Early entry (EE)day, meaning some guests (those with 3 day or more park hoppers or staying onsite) can get in one hour early. If you are staying at PP on Friday night, you can get in an hour earlier then the posted times. If you are not staying there on Friday, you are likely to find long lines in Fantasyland at opening. It is the land for EE.

I really recomend going to the parks more then one day if at all possible.

For a Priority Seating, you can call 714-781-3463 (Disney Dining) and request for either Lunch or Dinner. The CM will let you know which times are available. If you'd like a "water view" table, you will want to arrive about 30 minutes before your PS time and mention it to the CM at the entrance. pirate:

Have fun!

If you don't mind me asking...how did you get a price of $140.00 for paradise pier!? That's fantastic! We are going this weekend as well and the best price I could get was 316.00 a night for there :confused3
We are staying at Candy Cane Inn for 169.00 a night...so I'm interested in knowing how you scored that deal on a Disney resort hotel.
WOW!! Let me know!!

OJulie67 said:
If you don't mind me asking...how did you get a price of $140.00 for paradise pier!? That's fantastic! We are going this weekend as well and the best price I could get was 316.00 a night for there :confused3
We are staying at Candy Cane Inn for 169.00 a night...so I'm interested in knowing how you scored that deal on a Disney resort hotel.
WOW!! Let me know!!

I got the price on Expedia, Travelocity and AmericanExpress.com. One of the sites said 141.00 but I believe all the others were 140.00. I just do not know if I should spend that. I saw Candy Cane Inn for I want to say 124.00 a night for a deluxe non smoking room, on their website. Maybe since I am booking last minute it is cheaper, makes me feel like maybe so many people are not traveling this weekend. (I can wish right ;) )

After seeing your post I looked around and I found Disneyland hotel for MUCH cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago. They quoted me between 275.00 and 315.00 a night then...Now it's down to 194.00. PP and GC is not available for tomorrow night (my husbands birthday) and that is when we have planned to leave. I prefer the pool at disneyland hotel, but after posting tonight and reading a thousand reviews, I'm just going to go with the original plan and stay at the Candy Cane Inn. This is just a little birthday getaway for us so it doesn't have to be the ritz. I will post about the inn when I get home on Sunday!
Have a great time and enjoy those rates!! Awesome price. I'd stay on site for those prices. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter