Please help, struggling with Epcot plans

TD1516

Earning My Ears
3 people including a 5 year old.

When we are done in the main part hubby wants to start in mexico.

Must dos include
FEA, currently have a FP for at 120pm, can adjust to as early as 12pm, or later in the day
Anna/Elsa meet
Test Track
Soarin
Figment
Living with the land

Character spot, need to meet Ralph & Vanellope...only there till 1pm
Joy & Sadness

Nemo seas ride
Seas tank
Caballeros

Princesses in the Countries
China, mulan
Germany, Snow white
Morocco, Jasmine
France, Belle, Aurora
Uk, Alice

Just trying to figure what order to do these things in. Also need to factor in lunch and dinner if we are not done by 6pm.

Thanks!!!

This is what I would do... At rope drop (9 am) I’d start with Test Track. Then go over to Soarin. Living with the Land. Seas with Nemo. Explore aquarium. Spaceship earth FP around 10:30/11ish. Figment. Explore imagination exhibits. Characters in character spot. Then Mexico. That ride. Then Norway. Meet Anna and Elsa and do FEA FP. I don’t know the princess schedules but try to do meets as you go around the world Showcase. Do the Agent P missions too- my kids love doing them. Eat around the World as you go.

How fast are you willing to move? I know you have young kids, but I do and have for the last 15 years and for us it really doesn't affect our touring style, but I know others are not the same. If it was me, this is the order that we do Epcot... on a side note, if Test Track is a must, due to it going down often, we've switched our order which creates more back/forth, but otherwise you may end up in a very long line for test track. If test track is not a must (if you're ok doing it if it works out, but skipping if it doesn't, I would change the order- If it is not a must, I'll come back and put the new order in - basically just changing rope drop to TT and f/p FEA.

We do: FP Test Track (around 100) Spaceship Earth ( around 1200) Nemo (around 10)
Rope Drop (we get to park about 40 mins before posted opening - we eat breakfast in line)
We walk quickly to FEA and do that standby at rope drop.
Quickly walk to Soarin and do that standby
Living with Land
Nemo (fastpass)
Sea Tank
Figment
Ralph meet
Spaceship Earth (fastpass)
Test Track (fastpass)
Cabelleros/Mexico
Countries w/princess meets

You should be able to fit a snack or possibly lunch in there somewhere between the Sea Tank and before Mexico

This is what I would do... At rope drop (9 am) I’d start with Test Track. Then go over to Soarin. Living with the Land. Seas with Nemo. Explore aquarium. Spaceship earth FP around 10:30/11ish. Figment. Explore imagination exhibits. Characters in character spot. Then Mexico. That ride. Then Norway. Meet Anna and Elsa and do FEA FP. I don’t know the princess schedules but try to do meets as you go around the world Showcase. Do the Agent P missions too- my kids love doing them. Eat around the World as you go.
This would basically be our plan if Test Track was not a must. If everything goes smoothly this would always be my plan, but we've had a few occasions where TT has been down at rope drop which really messed things up for us, so now we always fp TT, so if/when it goes down, my fp will just turn into anytime fp so at least we'll most likely still get to ride it at some point without a huge line.

So our daughter and my husband both want to do test track. My husband really wants to do soarin. I could care less about either of them.
Zero interest in either spaceship rides.

If test track did go down it's really not the end of the world. As we have six Park days with Hoppers. And our Animal Kingdom day is only a half day. And we have one day where we will just go wherever she wants to go.

Our daughter is a slow Walker. And I really don't plan on getting a stroller. Unless we absolutely have to.

Oh boy, if I can try to convince you, please reconsider riding Spaceship Earth! It's such an iconic, classic ride. And there are rumors it may be refurbished in the coming years.

There are points of the day where the lines are not long at all, and I bet you'd be able to get a fast pass for it day of!

I would get a stroller for Epcot/WS because there is so much walking in this park. It's not like MK or even DHS where things are close together. Plus, once you start walking around WS, there is no turning back. My high mileage days are always in Epcot.

Definitely do Soarin, Figment, Nemo, Spaceship Earth and Livin with the Land. TT is 50/50 for us in terms of riding success. It always breaks down. I give it one shot per trip. Mission Space is very skippable and too intense for a 5yo.

Plan on eating in WS. You can fit in CS with your walking schedule. Doesn't matter if you are too fast or too slow, there is always some food nearby.

Try not to plan on going back and forth between Future World/World Showcase. Way too much walking.

Oh boy, if I can try to convince you, please reconsider riding Spaceship Earth! It's such an iconic, classic ride. And there are rumors it may be refurbished in the coming years.

There are points of the day where the lines are not long at all, and I bet you'd be able to get a fast pass for it day of!

I have never been on mission space but spaceship earth is my favorite ride EVER! And when I took my ASD nonverbal grandson who had never pointed at anything before despite many therapists working with him, he ooed, and ahhed and pointed for the first time! Definitely secured its place as my favorite ride ever! Hope you have an amazing trip!

So our daughter and my husband both want to do test track. My husband really wants to do soarin. I could care less about either of them.
Zero interest in either spaceship rides.

If test track did go down it's really not the end of the world. As we have six Park days with Hoppers. And our Animal Kingdom day is only a half day. And we have one day where we will just go wherever she wants to go.

Our daughter is a slow Walker. And I really don't plan on getting a stroller. Unless we absolutely have to.
I'd highly recommend a stroller, at least for Epcot... it's just a very large park and so much easier to have somewhere for kiddos to rest.

Agree with a PP about getting a stroller.

When the grandkids were ages 5 and under, I always carried a super-light-weight umbroller. Not designed to hold anything except a kid who was too plumb tired out to walk. And very, very easy to fold up and carry under my arm when the grandkid didn't need it.

Spaceship earth is definitely out. Showed them the youtube video. Daughter had zero interest. Husband said it looks just as exciting as navi river.....which we aren't doing....

Great tip about the stroller though. Any other parks that I would potentially need a stroller for? Going to rent one from a rental company.

Spaceship earth is definitely out. Showed them the youtube video. Daughter had zero interest. Husband said it looks just as exciting as navi river.....which we aren't doing....

:faint::scared1:

Just kidding, we all have different tastes. Have a great trip OP!

Great tip about the stroller though. Any other parks that I would potentially need a stroller for? Going to rent one from a rental company.
Honestly, if you're going to rent one from a company and have it anyways; I'd probably plan on taking it every full day at the parks and just see how it goes. I feel like 5 is really kinda right on the cusp of going strollerless and with full day park days I'd probably take it. Also, if you're going during warm/hot months, even more of a reason to take it. Mine never used strollers at home past 2 really, but at Disney they did through as 5 and even after that there were years that we rented one for Epcot/long days. - We go in the summer though, so yeah is part of it.

If you're planning on making it all the way around WS with a 5 year old, I'd be shocked if you don't need a stroller. My kiddos were almost 9 and 11 this last trip and in great shape and they were dying at Epcot- it was the only day we were (all) literally limping by 3pm.

Other than that, if your Tier 1 FP is for FEA, then I'd hit TT first and then head over to the other side to do Soarin, the Living with the Land, the Seas, Spaceship Earth (FP) and then Figment and the fun stuff afterwards before you head towards WS. Once you're heading to WS, you're not going to want to come back to FW. Start on the Norway/Mexico side and work your way around, eating as you go! :) If you're hungry earlier, we enjoyed Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter