Please help plan Daytona beach day with Dad/wc :)

herdtoDisney

DIS Veteran
My mom asked if brother and I would take her and Dad to the beach at Daytona later this month for a day trip. They haven't been over to the East Coast of Fl yet (we live on the other side).

So, Dad can't walk in sand. He has a travel wheelchair I push him in, but I'm certain it would not go on sand (Mom walks but with limited mobility). In doing research, it seems that there are certain places there where you can park on the beach itself (we do have a hc permit) and borrow a 'beach wheelchair' from the lifeguard stand. Unfortunately-the volusia county website doesn't seem to explain exactly where those are, unless I am not seeing it...where would be a good accessible place to go?

I would sure appreciate any tips from folks who use wheelchairs and have been to the area, so I can make this a fun day for the folks! They haven't been to a beach like that in years-between covid summers and last summer both of them in hospital/rehab (he fell, knocking her over and she broke her hip, he was injured also), they haven't been out much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter