Please help me pick the right park bag for my trip...

cdhale

Mouseketeer
Going in August. I will have a not-potty-trained 2 year old and two teenagers (who can carry their own stuff). I will have a stroller (city mini) with a not large storage space underneath and an attachment for drinks. I will need diapers, wipes, changing pad, change of clothes, snacks, autograph book for the little one; wallet, small camera, phone, sunscreen, poncho or umbrella for me.

I usually take a cross body, but thinking a back pack might be better for this trip? My son is small and I will probably end up carrying him a lot when we have to leave the stroller, maybe making a cross body more awkward.

Specific style/brand recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

I carry similar things for my kids (with a citi mini as well) and always have used a backpack and it has worked out great. Now I also have a camera bag (I have a large Canon & a video camera I put in there), but your small camera won't take up that much space. Might I also suggest possibly a small cooler (holding maybe 6 bottles of water) to bring with you for you and your children to drink. Might help and in August you'll need it. Good luck and have a great trip.

I use a small Vera Bradley backpack. It holds quite a bit of stuff, but its not so huge you feel like a pack mule.

I am going to try a backpack next time. I had a baggalini cross body and the strap caused pilling on all of my new Disney t-shirts where it went across my chest. You could actually see the fuzz on the strap at the end of the trip. I also use a Vera Bradley cross body daily now and no issues with that since the strap is a smooth, sewn fabric.

Looking online at VB backpacks... I think that's going to be the way to go. Thanks all!

Our last trip was in July 2013 and we used a backpack. I won't be doing that again because it was way too hot on my back... We are going in August this year and I just bought the eBags Piazza Daybag crossbody for the trip. My son is potty-trained now though so we don't have to carry diapers but maybe you could put those in the bottom of the stroller?

We just use one of our kids school backpacks (LL Bean). I prefer to bring something gender neutral so DH will take turns carrying it. :) DD and I do have Vera backpacks for personal use that we love, too.

I usually like to take a backpack for the big stuff and a small wristlet to carry ID, credit card, phone, etc (so I don't have to dig that stuff out of the backpack).

We have had many family trips with multiple littles... We actually carry two backpacks! One backpack is for diapers wipes, clothes, sunscreen and clothes. The second bag has a Disney folder that has extra maps of each park and a hard copy of all of our plans incase a phone isn't working. We put our battery pack portable phone charger in there too because the apps can sometimes drain the phone. We always pack several bottles of water and glow bracelets ( kids love them at night and we love them because its easier to see them in the dark! They must wear them!) We also have many ponchos for rain/ or wet rides if someone doesn't want wet. I carry one and my husband or child carries the other! Hope this helps!

I got a bag at walmart that is actually a diaper bag. It was perfect for disney. It has small straps that can attach it on both sides to the city mini handle. It had two insulated pouches for drinks on the sides. I'll see if I can find a link.

In my citi mini I put a change of clothes in a gal ziplock for each child, diapers for the day in another, small lunch sized cooler with snacks... (i freeze juices or pouches to use as the ice oacka to save space) This is put in a reusable shopping bag for the bus/ car....my DS9 can carry it while DH carries the stroller....I handle the two girls and the backpack with my purse stuff , sunscreen, and camera, as well as anything else we wont leave in the stroller. When we get unfolded...after security we put the cooler and grocery bag in the stroller basket.....I lay the cooler and then diapers on top so I can grab as needed.....usually I have wipes/ 1-2 diaper in the backpack in case toddler gets seperated from stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter