• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~ Please help me choose a candy shop name!

Which name is best for a retro/nostalgic candy shop?

• Sugar High

• Candy Heaven

• The Sweet Spot

• Sugar Heaven

• Sweet Tooth

• Sugar Me Up

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now just to find the money to make this a reality! Maybe I can find an Angel Investor!

Seriously, it sounds boring (and I'm really not Nancy Negative), but be sure to do a business plan before you sign anything.

We've had a number of similar businesses close in our area (Chicago suburb) close recently -- one was even in an old house.

My in laws have a place near them called Rocket Fizz. They sell candy and pop in glass bottles made with real sugar. Last time I was in I had a Dr. Pepper and it was really good.

I like Sweet Memories and Childhood's Candies or Childhood Sweets.

Some other ideas:

Good Ship Lollipop
The Lollipop Guild
Lollipalooza
Candy Mountain

My in laws have a place near them called Rocket Fizz. They sell candy and pop in glass bottles made with real sugar. Last time I was in I had a Dr. Pepper and it was really good.

I think Rocket Fizz has gone nationwide. We have two in our area. I LOVE their sour gum stick thingies.

Candy Lane OR Candy Cane Cottage (if you are thinking of a house setting)... Is cottage a word you use in the US for a small house?

Love 'Once upon a Candy'

I would probably avoid anything with sugar in the name.

Good luck to you in your new business! :goodvibes

Let us know how you are doing with the sweet stuff, and please let us know which name you picked. Curiosity is strong! :goodvibes

i like all the suggestions/ideas .... The Sugar Bowl is another. Eh, sounds like a football game.

Candy Cavern
Candy Cave
Candory (Factory)
Candareum
Sweet Tooth Temple
Candirama
Candiriffic
CandyKane

Sugar Shack

Out of the poll choices I picked The Sweet Spot.

I like Candy Lane. Candy Cave is also nice.

Unfortunately Sugar Shack is already taken, its a chain. Great name thou.

Of the ones listed in your poll, I like "The Sweet Spot" best. (I could see DH & I having fun w/ that one... ;) )

Of the ones suggested in the thread, I really like "Once Upon a Sweet" - because, like you said, in addition to candy, at some point, you could also offer other sweet confections... like little petit fours, fudge, bonbons, bars, cookies, etc.

I also love the idea of playing songs that mention candy & sugar in your shop!

How about Treat Street? You could have a sign on each aisle/area dedicated to each decade, Like 60's Circle, 70's Lane, 80's Avenue etc.

Many great suggestions. How about "Sweet on You"? Or, "Memory Lane Sweets"? One more - "I Want Candy".

Good luck deciding on a name and with your new venture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter