Please help! Last minute Food & Wine! What to do besides eat?

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
And eat, and eat and EAT! :flower1:
My DH is facing some back surgery and asked to go down for food & wine. He's a wine drinker, I am not, so I know he will enjoy sampling the world of wines, but.....what else should we do?

I plan to go into the main central tent to understand the set up , get a map etc, but can someone please suggests what all we should be looking into besides strolling and eating?

I tried to find a seat to the cheese seminar but it's booked. We'll be there Thurs-Sun and we are pretty free to do whatever whenever.

Thank you!

There are daily food and beverage demos in the Main Festival center. They rarely sell out so you can look and see if there's anything you would like to attend while you are there.

You can see if there’s still any availability at any of the special pairing meals. They can be kind of expensive, but usually receive solid reviews. It’s more eating, but it’s a little different than snacks at food booths.

If you mean THIS Thursday through Sunday (Sept 27-30), the theoretical options would be:
Mexican Tequila Lunch,
Italian Food, Wine vs Beer pairing
Parisian Breakfast
and The Parisian Afternoon
They range in price from $40-$88 and might not still be available. They do, however, give you somewhere to sit and get away from the crowds, and to my understanding the “pairing” ones include a bit of an educational component about the pairing.

Also, if the only park you plan to go to is Epcot, that might be more Epcot (and more weekend crowds of locals) than you want. Plan some detox time bowling or riding amphicars in Disney Springs, checking out the nightlife on the Boardwalk, or hopping around checking out different Disney deluxe resorts!

The Eat to the Beat concerts are fun.
There are beverage and food seminars, some cost, some don't. You may need to sign up ahead of time.
There are food and wine pairings at noon. We have done the Mediterrean, Italian ones and they were very good. You have to sogn up ahead of time for these.

If there is still availability, Party for the Senses would be a good time -especially given that he is in to wine. He will have a tremendous variety of wines to choose, must of them paired with the dishes at that particular station. It’s pricey, but in my experience, well worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter