Please help! Last minute candy buffet ideas needed!

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread, your help & ideas are truly appreciated!!! I just knew if I asked here, my DIS friends would be willing to offer advice!!! :thanks:

In the Walmart party section, they have single-color packages of Kisses, etc. that might be fun for a colorful rainbow look. They have candy sorted by color at Party City, as well. Walmart also sells big bags of assorted candy--you could dump those in a bowl, or separate them out. Candy for 70 people is NOT going to be cheap, however you do it.

Keep in mind that it's so hot out--chocolate might not do well outside, this time of year.

I had never even looked at the party section in Walmart prior to your suggestion, thanks for the tip!

Yes I agree candy is not cheap.

For that kind of bar I would avoid most chocolate. M&m's might be ok due to the candy coating

Marshmallows is fine. Gummy stuff like gummy bears, gummy worms, etc.
Skittles, twizzlers, starburst all good choices. These are all colorful and will look nice and won't melt.

Gummies! Yes! ::yes::

Swedish fish, jelly beans, gummy bears/gummy worms, and M&Ms are all good ice cream topping themed candies. If there is a Target near you, you can buy their brand of these candies and I think they're only 99 cents a bag as opposed to the name brand stuff. Tastes just as good!

Excellent tip on Target, thanks for the heads up!

I have done lots of candy buffets and not everyone will fill a bag, so your bowls don’t need to be that big. In this heat I would skip chocolate and go with hard candies, jelly candy, carmels and anything that won’t melt.

Red hots
Lemon heads
Twizzlers
Jelly beans
Tootsie rolls and pops
Dots
Gummies
Hot tamales
Mike and Ike’s
Good and plenty
Gum balls
Candy corn
Gum drops
Bubble gum

If you get smaller amounts of different kinds of candy, you can get your bags at dollar tree or dollar general or big lots.

Thanks! This is something I've been stressing about. Like...will EVERYONE fill their bags to the brim? You made me feel better.:goodvibes

Walgreens has several candy bars for .39 this week. When you buy six, a Catalina for $1 off your next six prints. You can do it over and over. Crushed butterfingers are really good in ice cream. 100 grand bars are clearanced for .19 if you can find them. There was also something going on with holiday m&ms that were really marked down but I can’t remember the details.

Mini marshmallows
Mini peanut butter cups,
M&Ms (mini or regular size)
Mini chocolate chips (could also use butterscotch)
Coconut flakes
Crushed Oreo or mini Oreo
Crushed Andie's mint chocoloates
Gummy bears (but they get rock hard in ice cream...watch out for others that do the same)
Brownie pieces
Pound cake or angel food cake pieces

Then there's the standard toppings of sprinkles, whipped cream, sauce (hard shell and regular), and cherries (berries, pineapple also work too)

I'm not sure of the price, but our IKEA has a wall of candy by the pound (by the snack bar at the exit), and some unusual looking ones at that. I wish I had seen the candy wall before the Harry Potter party we had earlier this year. Some of them would have really fit in for that theme.
I had no idea! Wish I had known before doing a candy bar for my daughter's grad party. Ended up being pretty expensive to do and have a TON of candy left over. The kids don't really eat very much candy at that age I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter