Please help Help me understand the Rules for Transfers...

EllieBride

DIS Veteran
I have a few things that I am wondering about... first, it sounds like you are only allowed one transfer per year. Yet, I see posts on different groups that I am a member of advertising "trades." How does this work? Wouldn't this count as two transfers - me transferring my points to you, and you transferring your points to me? The goal being to get 11-month booking advantage at a different resort, of course...

Second, can someone please explain which points can be transferred? Is it current UY only, or can you also transfer future UY?

Thank you. For what it's worth, I tried searching the DVC member website for my answers, LOL!!!

1. During a given Use Year, only one (1) Transfer per Club Member or Club membership, either as Transferee or Transferor, will be permitted.

Maybe they are trading reservations, not actual points. Or one member could transfer current year points and the other transfers next years points. Of course it would wipe out transfer ability for 2 years. Also some members have more than one membership number, which happens when you have more than one Use Year.

You can transfer out current UY and following UY. Trades usually refer to each owner booking reservation for the other..basically renting without exchanging money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter