Please convince me that FW cabins will be o.k.

snowwhitemom

Going down the road feeling bad!
I am so worried I just changed half our stay to FW cabins, My husband really wanted seperate rooms for at least part of the stay , so I am doing 3 nights FW 3 nights WL. I have only been to FW one time to go to the dinner show and horse back riding once. What makes you like or love FW...Please tell all, I feel so dumb when it comes to this place...And I called CRO today but they knew nothing of a haunted hayride or carriage ride...Is this still avaliable?? Thanks so much for your help. Oh, We will have a car and have reserved a golf cart. I have a 6yo dd that is really easy to please, What will she enjoy there? Thanks!!:confused: :D :confused: :D :confused: :D

FW is simply beautiful!! It's so peaceful there. I don't know anything about a haunted hay ride, but I do know there are so many things for kids to do there. You could rent a bike or a horse. You can go to the petting zoo. You can play down on the beach or throw in a fishing line. There are playgrounds and swimming pools. Or, if you desire (like my 12 yr old son!!:rolleyes: ), there is an arcade!! There is also a nightly campfire with Chip and Dale and a movie. There are a lot of great FW web sites out there with so much information and photos so you'll know what to expect. I believe the address to one of them is disneycampers. com. :)

Have a great vacation!!

Colleen

Don't worry, you'll have a grea time there. And 6 years old is a perfect age for your dd--she'll love it! The cabins are really very nice, not like "roughing it" at all. We love it because you have daily maid service and the convenience of a full kitchen. We really liked being able to put the kids to bed in the bedroom and then we could stay up and not have to tiptoe around them.
Again, don't worry, we have been several times to the cabins and it's one of our favorite places to be at WDW.

It is more beautiful than you can ever imagine. I always tease myhusband that if it had one more room we could retire there!

Don't worry so much, you will havea wonderful tme.

And the haunted hayride is Not something they advertise, that is why CRO doesn't have it in their notes,.

It is just something that all the regulars at Ft Wilderness know about. The carriage ride also, I guess that keeps them from being too crowded.

the hayrides are so popular that it can sometimes be difficult to get on one. But way way worth it.

Snowwhitemom-Don't worry you will fall in love with the cabin!!!We just got back from our 2nd trip to FW.It is by far our favorite resort.The kids will love the bunk beds and the cabin atmosphere.My kids DD 9 & DS 7 feel the cabins and FW put the icing on the cake for the trip.The kitchen alone is enough to put your mind at ease.We never eat a breakfast out.This not only saves $$$$ but also precious time.The buses getting you around seem to be running quite efficiently.The carriage rides are $30/half hour.We went on the hayride and the driver showed us a spot the haunted hayride goes by for the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.It sounded like they were doing it every year,a FW tradition.
So put your mind at ease you will be happy you are there!!!
Heidi

You'll have a great time! We love the cabins and FW is wonderful! Make sure you take enough time to enjoy FW--and with a golf cart that'll be easy! You can visit the different playgrounds--a 6-year old will think that's super--and you can ride around at night an see all the camper decorations.

Be sure to do the campfire program with Chip and Dale, and catch the MK fireworks from the beach. The petting zoo is fun and you can tour the stables, too.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Thanks so much you guys, I must admit that this is one of the nicest boards that the DIS has, glad I "had" to come to it. Okay, now I am excited about it, I had no idea that we would be able to see the fireworks from the beach, yeah:D Can anyone tell me if the cabins have a grill outside of them? I hope that isn't a dumb question considering I'm going to a campground.:confused: thanks again to everyone for each reply.:D

Yep, they all have a grill. My BIL had a blast getting up in the early morning to watch the CM come around and clean the grills. I just wish I had them working around home cleaning up!

We (DH, DS 3, myself) stayed for seven nights this past April/May and loved it. We loved coming back to the peacefulness of our own "home" and the convenience of having a full kitchen. We also had a golf cart the whole time and our son loved going around everywhere on the cart just as much as (if not more) riding the rides in the parks. He also loved riding the boat to MK and back. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter