Please check my dates!

Indiana Scott

Bothell Washington
After a two year hiatus, we're thinking about going to the parks Aug 27 through Aug 31 (2018).
Can anyone tell me if there is anything that goes on during that time of year to beware of? Maybe a refurb right before Labor day or something else?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Haunted Mansion will likely be down for its annual change over to Holiday Haunted Mansion.

We went that week in 2015 and the crowds were very low (relatively speaking) but it was HOT - around 100 every day! Except for the heat it was a great time to go due to low crowds and everything being open still.

I'm not sure where you are seeing that, the dates haven't been announced for this year.
I've had luck figuring out the HM transition by its relativity to Labor Day. If memory serves, it closes one week before Labor Day. This year, that would be August 27.

EDIT: Just looked, and last year it was exactly 1 week before Labor Day. In 2016, it was TWO weeks before Labor Day. In 2015, it was also TWO weeks before Labor Day. Chances are good you'll miss HM if those are your dates, @Indiana Scott

It's a good time to go. I went for the day last year during that time. It was 99 degrees and because of that, the park was nearly empty. No waits for rides. Yes, it was hot, but always carrying cold water and going inside for a air conditioning breaks helps a lot.

I've had luck figuring out the HM transition by its relativity to Labor Day. If memory serves, it closes one week before Labor Day. This year, that would be August 27.

EDIT: Just looked, and last year it was exactly 1 week before Labor Day. In 2016, it was TWO weeks before Labor Day. In 2015, it was also TWO weeks before Labor Day. Chances are good you'll miss HM if those are your dates, @Indiana Scott

Thanks so much for your comment. I used this page https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-dlr-park-hours-entertainment-and-refurbs.2291124/ for my info but I don't think anything is official yet. I would bet you are right on the closing date.
Maybe we'll start our visit on Sunday the 26th and come back Thurs instead of Fri so we can do HM at least one day.

It's a good time to go. I went for the day last year during that time. It was 99 degrees and because of that, the park was nearly empty. No waits for rides. Yes, it was hot, but always carrying cold water and going inside for a air conditioning breaks helps a lot.

That's one of the things I'm concerned about LOL! I totally agree with your techniques. One just has to be proactive about staying cool rather than trying to cool off after we've over heated.

Thanks for every ones comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter