Plaza Inn or Goofy's Kitchen?

Bebella

Mouseketeer
Is there a big advantage to the Plaza Inn over Goofy's Kitchen?

We're staying at DLH for 2 nights, and on our only full park day, it's EMH at DCA, and the earliest opening for a breakfast is 9:30am at Plaza Inn. Goofy's Kitchen has a 7:30am time, so I was considering that instead.

Would we be able to get a few things done at DCA and still have time to get to our reservation at Plaza Inn?

EDIT: So they no longer have the 7:30am time at Goofy's Kitchen, and it would be 9am. That said, I'm assuming Plaza Inn would be better?

Last edited:
Personally, I would do Goofy's Kitchen. It's a better time and it's in your hotel. But I know nothing about the food at either place.

I prefer Goofy's Kitchen. We have eaten there twice and at Plaza Inn once. We found the food at Plaza Inn to be bland and a lot of it was cold. Goofy's Kitchen has more variety, albeit nothing outstanding. There are definitely more characters at Plaza, which is nice, but we found our interactions to be more rushed at that restaurant. Plus, Goofy's has a lot of the characters my son is most excited to see.

I also think eating at your hotel and then heading into CA would be more convenient. Perhaps you could book the 9:00 and then see if something earlier opens up. I've had good luck with that in the past.

I prefer Plaza personally. I like sitting on the patio enjoying a cool morning and people watching. Characters interactions have always been a good experience for me there. I've had comparable experiences with food at both - neither is fine dining, but that's not really the goal of a character meal. However, with your time frame I'm thinking Goofy's will work better for you. Either way, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If you only have one full park day and aren't going back for awhile, I'd not use my park time for a meal. Unless those are the characters you'd like. You'll spend more time chasing down those characters somewhere in the park. Can you do Goofy's on a non park day? Arrival night?

If you only have one full park day and aren't going back for awhile, I'd not use my park time for a meal. Unless those are the characters you'd like. You'll spend more time chasing down those characters somewhere in the park. Can you do Goofy's on a non park day? Arrival night?

I thought the same thing but my cousin really wants to do a character meal with all of our kids. I think we're going to try to do a couple things at DCA before our breakfast, and then the next morning we'll use EMH at DL to hopefully do whatever we couldn't the day before.

I thought the same thing but my cousin really wants to do a character meal with all of our kids. I think we're going to try to do a couple things at DCA before our breakfast, and then the next morning we'll use EMH at DL to hopefully do whatever we couldn't the day before.

You can do the Surf's Up breakfast at Paradise Pier hotel on a non park day. It's yummy and has a dance party with Stitch. Its also the only character meal with Mickey! Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, and Stitch. We LOVED it.

You can do the Surf's Up breakfast at Paradise Pier hotel on a non park day. It's yummy and has a dance party with Stitch. Its also the only character meal with Mickey! Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, and Stitch. We LOVED it.

I had no idea about this, I'll look into it...thanks!!

Here's a pic from PCH and Plaza Inn both. Obviously the Surf's Up has the logo so the other one is Plaza Inn. We loved them both. Hard choice!

Attachments

• pch grill.jpg
    pch grill.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 32
  • plaza inn.jpg
    plaza inn.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 29
We love Plaza Inn! The character interaction can't be beat and we find the food to be fine, typical buffet food. I am on a low carb plan and it works great for me, I can have an omelette made and have bacon! My niece loves the mickey waffles, cereal and fruit! It's not gourmet, but really you are paying for the characters!!!

Another vote here for Plaza Inn! On our last visit, we met Peter Pan, Hook, Chip and Dale, Pooh, Tigger, and a few others. Peter Pan had swordfight with my niece and her light saber and was absolutely wonderful. None of our interactions felt rushed at all. Now, if only other families would stay in their seats and let the characters come to them ... but that's my only beef, truly.

We dined at Goofy's Kitchen last week. It was disappointing. The food was "meh" and the service was almost non-existent. I expect to pay more than it is worth for food in Disney, but this was ridiculous. There was a lot of variety, but counter service in the park or DTD is much better than what this place had to offer for $40+ a person with tax & tip.

Done both not a big fan of Goofy's Kitchen. Character interaction way better at Plaza Inn. Food is better too IMO. Omelet bar, Mickeys Waffles, French Toast, (they have this Carmel bananna sauce to die for!) biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, applewood bacon and sausage the list keeps going on... Plus your in the park! To each their own, I'll never go back to Goofy's.

Another vote here for Plaza Inn! On our last visit, we met Peter Pan, Hook, Chip and Dale, Pooh, Tigger, and a few others. Peter Pan had swordfight with my niece and her light saber and was absolutely wonderful. None of our interactions felt rushed at all. Now, if only other families would stay in their seats and let the characters come to them ... but that's my only beef, truly.

My cousin made the reservations at Plaza Inn...so I guess our decision was made for us! ;) But that was my first choice. I'm really hoping Peter Pan and Hook are there when we visit. My son loves Captain Hook...he's a fan of the villains ...I should probably be worried!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter