Plaza Inn Dining Package - Mickey’s Soundsational Parade viewing question...

Keyframer30

Animator and Disneyphile
Hi all,

6 months out and I am starting to plan my family's next trip to DLR...

Has anyone done the Plaza Inn Dining Package - Mickey’s Soundsational Parade? I was wondering how the reserved viewing area was? Is it standing room only or are there seats? How deep does the area go? Will people in the back be able to see?

Thanks in advance!

A search on this board brought up this fairly recent thread with good information for you: Plaza Inn Parade viewing dining package. The description on the DLR website states that this area is standing only, however reviews say that there are one or two benches in the area. Be aware that if other guests stand in front of the benches, it will be very difficult to see the parade. Overall opinion is that this package isn't worth it -- you can get better viewing for free.

Thanks! Dang...didn't find this when I did my search...

Thanks for diggin up the info! Much appreciated!

We did it Saturday. It was ok.

The check in for the meal was horrible. So disorganized, took forever, total chaos.
Food was good.

We got to the viewing area around 5 and the area was mostly empty. We sat in the front row. No one stood. I didn’t see any benches.
I liked it. I’m not sure it was necessary exactly but it was neat to see the parade coming straight on. We had a lot of space too, so that was a big plus.

Do those dining packages interfere with the regular Plaza Inn business (meaning, do they close down for regular walk in chicken lovers like myself when they’re serving the dining packages—and, if yes, when would they be closed for regular dining—or do they do both at the same time)?

Do those dining packages interfere with the regular Plaza Inn business (meaning, do they close down for regular walk in chicken lovers like myself when they’re serving the dining packages—and, if yes, when would they be closed for regular dining—or do they do both at the same time)?

No, they do both at the same time or at least that was my experience this past weekend.

The only obvious sign was for one food window that said “Dining Plan Check In”
I waited there for 10 minutes while it didn’t move a single person. Then I noticed the people in front of me had a receipt, I asked them and they pointed to a cash register off to the side with a little counter sign and said I needed to go pay first. So off I went, as well as the group behind me, to go pay. That cast member gave us the lanyards and fastpasses, too.
Back over to the food line that still hadn’t moved a single person. I wish I were joking, but I’m not.
There were two cast members serving and it was painful.

They werent prepared for any changes to the set meal, unlike reviews I’ve read that said they were. Nut allergy and it took 20 minutes to get a salad without the nuts. We didn’t end up eating it because we’d already had the dessert and were just done by then.

The food we did eat was very good. The fried chicken looked tasty too, though! I’m not sure I’d do it again but I don’t regret it either if that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter