Plaza Inn Breakfast without Reservation?

mousecrazy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has had success at getting into the character breakfast at Plaza Inn without a reservation?

TIA.

We did, because our ADR was later in the week and we felt like going that day. They did say they put ADRs inside and would only seat walk-ups outdoors. We did feel a bit skipped over by some of the characters outside. It seemed less orderly than our experiences inside.

We did, because our ADR was later in the week and we felt like going that day. They did say they put ADRs inside and would only seat walk-ups outdoors. We did feel a bit skipped over by some of the characters outside. It seemed less orderly than our experiences inside.

We actually had reservations and we got stuck outside. While the park people watching was cool, we definitely got skimped out on the character interactions

We actually had reservations and we got stuck outside. While the park people watching was cool, we definitely got skimped out on the character interactions
We have reservations again on our upcoming trip. If they offer us an outside table I will choose to wait for an inside one.

Just wondering if anyone has had success at getting into the character breakfast at Plaza Inn without a reservation?

TIA.

It depends on when you are going. If you want to get in on a weekend day, or a holiday you will most likely not get in. If it is a slower day, you might be able to get a table. We have had good and bad luck both ways, on a Thursday it was OK, and the next 4 days it was fully reserved.

Start checking with Disney on line reservation 3 days before your trip. Something always opens up for us. But we walk in all the time with small parties.

Any time we've been seated outside (twice with ADR's and once as a walk up) the characters have been much harder to come by. We had to fight to see Minnie on our last trip.

Try calling Disney Dining, sometimes they will have something when nothing shows up on the app.
If you do sit outside try not to sit by the gate that goes out close to the restrooms. We sat by that gate in Aug and it was horrible with people just walking in and cutting in on our character interactions. Extremely annoying.

I've called the morning-of and gotten a reservation time we wanted. Granted, though, it was a random day in February, and the day before Leap Day, so the place wasn't so busy.

We just returned from DL yesterday. We had 10:30 reservations at Plaza Inn on Thursday. They were accepting walkups and the restaurant (inside and out) was probably only half full. We sat inside and after an hour we still only met 2 characters (Minnie & Pooh). We could see other characters but none of them came into our section.
We did enjoy the food though!

I tell people every time that it is no skin off anyone's nose to go up to management at the restaurant and politely ask if the characters can make an attempt to come to your area. A polite word and a friendly grin will get you places at disneyland. I'm sure there are exceptions to that statement, but on the one time the characters appeared to neglect the area we were eating in, a friendly word to the staff led to some great interactions by the characters within a few moments. I have done the event outside and had a wonderful experience. The inside is great and a bit more orderly, but it can get very loud for some people. I just prefer being inside for the easy transportation of the food.

We called to try and get a reservation was told no space but walked up and got a party of 8 on the spot. It is possible to get a walk in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter