Playgrounds at Aulani?

lorenni

DIS Veteran
Is there a playground at Aulani outside of Auntie’s?

I have seen photos of the water based play space, but do they have any play/climbing/etc space?

I’m not standing in line at 7am for Auntie’s so it looks like DS won’t spend much time there as they have eliminated the preregistration for non-paid activities.

I’m not standing in line at 7am for Auntie’s so it looks like DS won’t spend much time there as they have eliminated the preregistration for non-paid activities.

Call them or email them. I just pre-registered for my 3 non-paid activities yesterday!

Isn't there one in Aunties' backyard?

Also, while we were walking over to the ABC store one day, there was a cool old open-car train coming along the tracks that said Ko'Olina Railway or something on it. You might google that and see if that's something you might take a little one to ride.

There is one inside Auntie's, in the backyard. But you still need to sign in..etc.
The train across the street only runs on weekend, I believe.

Call them or email them. I just pre-registered for my 3 non-paid activities yesterday!

You may have registered, but they have been Responding to everyone saying that as of April there are no more pre-registered free activities.

2FCFAEAE-A433-4E17-9543-DC2918F8B3F3.jpeg
There is a playground. We had, what I deem, the worst Island/Garden room on the 3rd floor overlooking Auntie's playground. Luckily, it was only for one night before moving to an ocean view.

View attachment 298428
There is a playground. We had, what I deem, the worst Island/Garden room on the 3rd floor overlooking Auntie's playground. Luckily, it was only for one night before moving to an ocean view.

I was hoping for something outside of Auntie’s as they are doing away with preregistration for anything other than paid activities. If the only way to get DS into Aunties is to stand in line at 7:00am or pay (high) prices for group activities, then he simply may not have access to Aunties.

Last time we went to Ko Olina, I used Yelp to find a playground for our son. I believe the closest one we found was in Ewa. It was pretty nice!

The first time we went to Aulani in 2015, there was no pre-registration for the free activities. However, there were several times that we just showed up and dropped our kids off for free play and they got in with no issues. The only time it was full was a night or two around dinner time. We were there during Texas Spring Break, and the cast members told us the resort was 99% occupied. So don't rule out the playground at Auntie's.

You may have registered, but they have been Responding to everyone saying that as of April there are no more pre-registered free activities.

Do you mean April 2018 or April 2017? I’m not sure when you are going but we went in June and preregistered for stuff in May; but that was this past May. However, we were told that some areas are almost always open for free play like the playground. My daughter only had 1 activity registered and she went almost every day as a drop off with no problems. Maybe you can call/email them for better clarification on that.

There is still free playtime they can check in and play. We are going in April so I can say with more certainty after that date but have been told they can go in anytime even without an activity reservation. It’s similar to DCL in that there are many activities that are not paid such as playyard, dress up, video games, movie room. I am a little sad the preregistration is going away, but after two previous visits my kids have done them all anyway. Hopefully with the revamp they are changing up some activities and adding new stuff, and particularly something aimed at the school age/ preteen crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter