Platinum Palo, can it be used for brunch?

It seems that more recent posts have whichever meal you eat first at Palo be the complimentary one. We are on the March 7th Fantasy and have brunch booked so I will post back our Platinum experience.

MJ
Were you able to get free brunch? Thanks!

I forgot to report back, but we cruised for spring break and had two rooms booked. We only did brunch and got brunch for four free. :)

I forgot to report back, but we cruised for spring break and had two rooms booked. We only did brunch and got brunch for four free. :)

Same for us in March. Two rooms, total of 6 people, and we were able to use our free meal for brunch on our day at sea on the 4 night Dream.

I've had 17 Disney cruises so been platinum for 7 of them. and on 2 or 3 of them I was not permitted to use the free Palo for brunch. So I cannot say definitively that every platinum will, at all times, be allowed to use the free benefit for brunch.

We will just book a brunch and if it's free, it's free, if not we pay. My wife isn't interested in a palo supper, so the free meals may go unused.
We will be platinum for the 1st time on our upcoming cruise. It is a 4-nighter and I have a feeling our free Palo dinner might go unused also. I just hate to miss dinner in the main dining room plus dh hates to lug a jacket for Palo when we would be just as happy in the main dining room. I wish they would let you substitute and get a free drink coupon or something else if you don't want the meal.

And, our 4-nighter Wonder cruise doesn't have a sea day, so I guess there is no hope for brunch either. Is that right?

We will be platinum for the 1st time on our upcoming cruise. It is a 4-nighter and I have a feeling our free Palo dinner might go unused also. I just hate to miss dinner in the main dining room plus dh hates to lug a jacket for Palo when we would be just as happy in the main dining room. I wish they would let you substitute and get a free drink coupon or something else if you don't want the meal.

And, our 4-nighter Wonder cruise doesn't have a sea day, so I guess there is no hope for brunch either. Is that right?[/QUOTE
We ended up doing a free supper on our 4 night cruise and it was really good for me, and ok for my wife who is not an adventurous eater. We ate there on pirate night and enjoyed the atmosphere. I did not where a jacket, just a short sleeve dress shirt and tie with dress pants. We did watch them make someone that came in with jeans change. The funny thing about that was his wife was super dressed up which made his jeans look even more out of place.

Thanks! No jacket - I didn't know that. Dh will be happy. Just shirt and tie sounds good.

BUT, I just noticed on our ressie that the Palo brunch IS offered on the our Key West day (we arrive there at 12:30). So, I booked the 11:00 brunch. Should I call and ask - or will we just have to wait until on-board to find out if they will let us have the brunch instead of dinner?? (It is the same $30 for brunch or dinner.)

No sea day = no brunch.

Sorry, not true.

4-night cruises without a sea day will offer Palo Brunch when their itinerary has a port arrival that is around noon or later. For example, the 4-night Wonder cruises out of Miami do not have any sea days (Port of Miami~Castaway Cay~Nassau~Key West~ Port of Miami) but they do offer Palo Brunch on the morning of Key West because they arrive at that port after noon. I know this because I currently have a confirmed Palo Brunch reservation on our 4-night Wonder cruise in March. :thumbsup2

Sorry, not true.

4-night cruises without a sea day will offer Palo Brunch when their itinerary has a port arrival that is around noon or later. For example, the 4-night Wonder cruises out of Miami do not have any sea days (Port of Miami~Castaway Cay~Nassau~Key West~ Port of Miami) but they do offer Palo Brunch on the morning of Key West because they arrive at that port after noon. I know this because I currently have a confirmed Palo Brunch reservation on our 4-night Wonder cruise in March. :thumbsup2
Yes, but those are not very common. The general rule of thumb is "brunch is only offered on sea days". In Disney-speak a late port arrival day (after noon) is often considered a "sea day".

Sorry, not true.

That is true for our cruise. Our 4-nighter from Miami has brunch offered on the Key West morning.

I've used my platinum credit for Palo brunch several times on the Dream, Fantasy and Magic. I've always had brunch first before the dinner and when I get the bill they've usually applied the complimentary credit already.

WAIT -- AM I READING THIS RIGHT? If my DH and I book a stateroom -- and we are both platinum -- we don't BOTH qualify for the free dinner? I find that hard to believe since becoming platinum is supposed to be "special" -- why would only one of you earn the right to the free Palo dinner?

WAIT -- AM I READING THIS RIGHT? If my DH and I book a stateroom -- and we are both platinum -- we don't BOTH qualify for the free dinner? I find that hard to believe since becoming platinum is supposed to be "special" -- why would only one of you earn the right to the free Palo dinner?
You both get the free dinner.

Don't worry, both of you will eat for free! Been there, done that and Mickey has always picked up the bill.

Thank you both. Whew, back on page one it sounded like only one gets in free LOL. Appreciate the confirmation.

Thank you both. Whew, back on page one it sounded like only one gets in free LOL. Appreciate the confirmation.
Well, it's kinda like that. The perk is for the "Platinum member and all guests in same room". I'm not really sure that, say, you can book one dinner for you and hubby ("your" room and guest) and hubby can book one for him and you ("his" room and guest). But, certainly, if you just go for one dinner, both of you will be comped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter