Platinum or Pearl on 2024 British Isles Cruise

chuff88

DIS Veteran
I know this is a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Are there any Platinum or Pearl CC members who are sailing on the British Isles cruise in September 2024 who can tell me if the "Glasgow Scottish Food Safari" and/or "Edinburg City, Castle, Vintage Bus and Afternoon Tea" port adventures are available to book? My party is Gold and we are able to book on May 26th but I'm trying to have our options pulled together before then and I want to know if these will be choices for our cruise.

I know this is a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Are there any Platinum or Pearl CC members who are sailing on the British Isles cruise in September 2024 who can tell me if the "Glasgow Scottish Food Safari" and/or "Edinburg City, Castle, Vintage Bus and Afternoon Tea" port adventures are available to book? My party is Gold and we are able to book on May 26th but I'm trying to have our options pulled together before then and I want to know if these will be choices for our cruise.
I don’t see anything with those names. The Scotland port adventures being offered are -

GR12
GR45
GR46
GR49
GR50
GR16
GR17
GR15
GR14
GR11
GR02
GR01
GR20
GR21
GR09
GR07
GR18
GR38
GR34
GR35

All are still showing available for booking as of now.

Let me know if you have questions on any of the other ports.

Bummer, it looks like neither is being offered on this cruise. Thank you so much for checking! Are you going to be on that sailing?

Bummer, it looks like neither is being offered on this cruise. Thank you so much for checking! Are you going to be on that sailing?
Yes, I’m on it. I was disappointed that some I was hoping for in both Liverpool and Portland are also not offered. Oh well…. This seems to be happening more often where what’s on the website is more than what is able to be offered. You are smart to have backup plans ready.

Yes, I’m on it. I was disappointed that some I was hoping for in both Liverpool and Portland are also not offered. Oh well…. This seems to be happening more often where what’s on the website is more than what is able to be offered. You are smart to have backup plans ready.
Maybe we can arrange to meet up! You've always been so helpful in the ABD threads, it would be great to meet you in person!

I guess since you're able to check, can you please look at LP02 for Liverpool, CK02 and CK05 for Cork, and PT04 for Portland? I'm not sure what we're going to do in Scotland now, it looks like none of the food tours are being offered.

Maybe we can arrange to meet up! You've always been so helpful in the ABD threads, it would be great to meet you in person!

I guess since you're able to check, can you please look at LP02 for Liverpool, CK02 and CK05 for Cork, and PT04 for Portland? I'm not sure what we're going to do in Scotland now, it looks like none of the food tours are being offered.
Liverpool - LP02, yes - all four versions of this tour are offered

Cork - both CK02 and CK05, are offered

Portland- PT04 is offered.

Liverpool - LP02, yes - all four versions of this tour are offered

Cork - both CK02 and CK05, are offered

Portland- PT04 is offered.
Thank you so much! At least we only have to really change our plans for one port. I'm thinking about booking the Edinburgh on your own tour through Disney and then booking a tour through Secret Food Tours, but we'll see.

If you are willing to break away from the DCL excursions, consider getting to the city for something like this:

Quite possibly, the same company that did the Disney one. Viator is part of TripAdvisor. A nice feature is book now and pay two days before the activity. You can also see the name of the company doing the tour and book directly (typically the same price, but not always with the book now pay later option).

I think the cost of this tour ($147) and transportation from Greenock port might be less than DCL’s price of $379. Several trains per hour, as cheap as £5 OW. Also buses. And possibly transfers by DCL for On Your Own tourists.

IMG_7479.png

I'm also on this sailing and saw a list of the excursions for Cork and Portland and was really shocked. There is only one port adventure for Stonehenge. I assume it will book up quickly- wondering if a private tour might be a better option. They don't seem to be offering the Mystery and History at Sailsbury and Stonehenge where you can see Stonehenge and the Magna Carta.

Also bummed to see they aren't offering the Killarney and Kingdom of Kerry.

The list seems short for over 4,000 passengers.

I'm also on this sailing and saw a list of the excursions for Cork and Portland and was really shocked. There is only one port adventure for Stonehenge. I assume it will book up quickly- wondering if a private tour might be a better option. They don't seem to be offering the Mystery and History at Sailsbury and Stonehenge where you can see Stonehenge and the Magna Carta.

Also bummed to see they aren't offering the Killarney and Kingdom of Kerry.

The list seems short for over 4,000 passengers.
Are you flying into London a day or two before the cruise? There are several companies and tour guides who offer transfers to Southampton with a stop at Stonehenge or Salisbury along the way.

Are you flying into London a day or two before the cruise? There are several companies and tour guides who offer transfers to Southampton with a stop at Stonehenge or Salisbury along the way.
My husband and I are - but half of our party is not and we were hoping to go together. As of now we have the DCL bus transfer booked from the Doubletree London to port.

I guess we will have to attempt to book a private driver out of Portland if we all cannot get on the Stonehenge port adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter