• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plant-based cheese suggestions

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Considering reducing my dairy intake and eliminating cheese. I love cheese though!!! Does anyone on here use a plant based cheese? Any suggestions? Seeking one that melts well & one that tastes good in a deli sandwich. Thanks!

Considering reducing my dairy intake and eliminating cheese. I love cheese though!!! Does anyone on here use a plant based cheese? Any suggestions? Seeking one that melts well & one that tastes good in a deli sandwich. Thanks!

For slices, I prefer Violife brand. If you are looking for shredded cheese alternatives, I would have to say Follow Your Heart brand.

For slices, I prefer Violife brand. If you are looking for shredded cheese alternatives, I would have to say Follow Your Heart brand.

How funny, I might have said just the opposite! I'm not sure I ever tried Follow Your Heart shreds, though. I use Violife shreds and, most often, Follow Your Heart slices. I also usually have some Miyoko's Creamery mozzarella on hand (regular or smoked).

I really like the cheese from the Herbivorous Butcher, a vegan butcher shop in Minneapolis (also featured in Diners, Drive Ins and Dives). They are local for me, but I know they ship too.

My vegan daughter makes her own with cashews. It tastes more like a creamy cheese sauce. It’s actually really good! I’ll ask her for her recipe and share it.

I'm not sure about sandwich slices, but I've used Lisanatti Almond Cheese (the shredded Mozzarella style) for English muffin pizzas, and I liked how they came out!

I'm not sure about sandwich slices, but I've used Lisanatti Almond Cheese (the shredded Mozzarella style) for English muffin pizzas, and I liked how they came out!
Lisanatti Almond Cheese insnt plant based or vegan has dairy in it.....

Chao creamy original is excellent in grilled cheese or hot breakfast sandwiches. The taste and texture are on point.

Daiya mozzarella cutting board shreds on pizza, lasagna, and enchilada casserole.

So Delicious mozzarella shreds on nachos -- they melt quickly and have a runny texture, which I've found works best.

Miyoko's makes the best cream cheese. Both original and Unlox Your Dreams are amazing on everything bagels. Seriously, I grew up in NYC and I'm in love with the stuff. Paired with Sophie's Kitchen smoked salmon, it's a vegan dream come true.

Edit: I've been a junk food vegan for about 8 years, and this has taken a lot of experimentation. My non-vegan boyfriend likes all of the above and they're easy enough to get used to.

Lisanatti Almond Cheese isn't plant based or vegan has dairy in it.....

Oh, sorry!! I'm not vegan myself, I just remember picking it up as a lower-fat (or at least healthier fat) alternative for DH. - I assumed it was made from almonds in place of milk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter