• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
popcorn::

fencing.gif

rant.gif
bdsm.gif
beatdeadhorse.gif

dizzy.gif

redcard.gif
byebye.gif

lockdance6hs.gif

~NM

Oh- now I see this. That is pathetic.

Nice way to make friends on the Dis - call a guy who, free of charge, has helped hundreds, if not thousands, of people on here plan successful trips. I guess in your world "pathetic," is = to "I don't get it."

Josh is losing his appeal. I would stick with allears or Touring plans. I have not heard of WDW prep school. I will have to go to the site and poke around.

Not sure how that will work out for you, as a ton of her site is information lifted lock, stock, and barrel from Josh's site (and other sites of people who, you know, live in Florida and actually go to the parks).

I think I’ll put easywdw on Death Watch and do my planning elsewhere.
Besides, “the proprietor" sounds and acts like a petulant attention-seeking 12 year old jerk.
Not seeing the appeal- seems like he enjoys turning off potential new members. Probably why the site is free. Who would pay for that attitude?

It's not possible, seriously, is it, that anyone could be this out of touch and humorless? Is this a joke? Are you a robot? Or just really old or something? I'm going to guess that you don't "see the appeal" of a lot of things. I think we're all okay with that. The laughs I got at reading your highly offended, clutching-your-pearls posts, which are the online version of a strongly worded letter totally made my evening. I said GOOD DAY, SIR.

Whatever Josh decides to do with his site is HIS choice. Nothing lasts forever. As long as there is an easywdw site I will continue to look to Josh's suggestions when I am planning future trips, and just to see the "artsy" tilted pics, and the humorous reports. :thumbsup2

Look, you've made it abundantly clear that you require everything to be clearly spelled out in simple words, but Josh doesn't need to explain himself to you or anyone else.

Yikes.

I've used easywdw in the past, but not anymore. Totally turned off by his and other responses here.

Whether you like Josh or not (I do), he has the best crowd calendars anywhere. I will read and use easyWDW for as long as he wants to maintain it. Thanks Josh.

I think easywdw's crowd calendars are the best. I know I would pay for access to them without a doubt. I also enjoyed his book and would definitely recommend it, especially to a first-timer.

I like his online personality on his blog, I love his blog posts.

I got to say, and I know you're reading here Josh so I'll just address this to you :), I don't get the tone of your comments on the Disboards. I'm not sure if there is something that happened in the past that makes you act the way you do on here? But you do come in here sounding kind of mean for some reason and it is off-putting to me. Especially since so many people on here are such fans of your blog and are always recommending your site to others on here.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Yikes.

I've used easywdw in the past, but not anymore. Totally turned off by his and other responses here.

If you're surprised by Josh's responses here, then you've never actually read his website before, have you.

I got to say, and I know you're reading here Josh so I'll just address this to you :), I don't get the tone of your comments on the Disboards. I'm not sure if there is something that happened in the past that makes you act the way you do on here? But you do come in here sounding kind of mean for some reason and it is off-putting to me. Especially since so many people on here are such fans of your blog and are always recommending your site to others on here.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I'm not going to speak for him, but I would guess that either he finds the Disboards ridiculous and/or doesn't take himself and his website as seriously as people apparently demand that he does.

If you're surprised by Josh's responses here, then you've never actually read his website before, have you.

I'm not going to speak for him, but I would guess that either he finds the Disboards ridiculous and/or doesn't take himself and his website as seriously as people apparently demand that he does.

This would be my guess.

I agree with some comments, that he does get "snarky", (which I say is a nice word for s.a., but I am married to one, sooo)
A few times over the past months I've asked questions and a couple of responses are borderline rude, but then other times he is amazing with his help, so it more than washes.
I think it probably gets old and he is, afterall, human. I am not always peachy too. ;)
Here is the thing, HE helps, not just members of his site, HE responses to questions. THat, in my mind is amazing with the knowledge he has.
I used TP too, and they changed RD times on me weeks b4 my trip, after months of planning. It was significant to ruin my plans. I went to Josh's site, asked about it, he confirmed what I suspected, and HE was correct! Waits did not increase, we were way ahead of our plans, etc.
Just an example.
As I said b4, I think it is time he charges, I think that would help him. Altho, no charge allows his "snarky" comments to go without anyone being too offending since they aren't paying. ;)

Relax, everybody. This was posted on that same forum yesterday:

Whew. He really had me worried there. Josh has become my first choice for all of my WDW planning and info for the last few years. And the snark is irreplaceable.

Informative and snarky - that's exactly why he's my choice for planning too.

I don't understand why Josh does what he does, but...

My guess is he does what he does because he is a sad sorry insecure little boy who needs constant ego-stroking and gets his kicks by belittling and ridiculing others. Those “others” are ALL his CLUELESS supporters.

Lucky for all of you he seems to be addicted to internet notoriety so he won’t be able to take the site down - he’d fade right into obscurity if he did that.

My suggestion is that you all keep stroking his ego and accepting his rudeness as “snark”.

My guess is he does what he does because he is a sad sorry insecure little boy who needs constant ego-stroking and gets his kicks by belittling and ridiculing others. Those “others” are ALL his CLUELESS supporters.

Lucky for all of you he seems to be addicted to internet notoriety so he won’t be able to take the site down - he’d fade right into obscurity if he did that.

My suggestion is that you all keep stroking his ego and accepting his rudeness as “snark”.

Good God how high is that horse you are on?

Listen...I was a dedicated TP person for a long time (still use them on occasion) but I went to Josh's site and the info is incredible and spot on. And to be honest, this NY-born girl loves all the snark. It's practically my second language. If you truly read the site, you can find in depth information (crowd calendars) straight up no snark. What he doesn't do is surgar coat anything. Nor should he. He isn't getting paid to white wash things. So if someone isn't into his style then fine. But don't insult others who like him. We are not "stroking his ego" some of us found a kindered spirit.

Bottom line is this...it is a GIANT internet out there, if you don't like his website then go to another one. End.Of.Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter