Planning our first trip with a new little guy! May 2017

Hi! :wave: Poppedi. From my PTR.

Congrats on the newest addition to the family!!

Can't wait to see how your ADRs and other plans come together.

I hope you have a good experience with Spirit. My sister and bil flew that to Orlando and had a horrible time with them. Flights were canceled and they were given greyhound bus vouchers...

Me too! It is our first try, and I am a little nervous. Our airlines are very limited here as of late. I will only do nonstop with the baby, and I got trip insurance just in case. I feel a little better about it because it is a 10 night trip, so if something horrible happened it would not be the end of the world. Everyone I know personally who flies them comes back and tells me all went fine. Fingers crossed!!

I had a plan of attack for ADR day, and I was on my phone at shortly after 6am. I did get all 11 of the reservations I wanted, but my times were iffy. I was actually suprised that my only times for dinner on some days were later than 7pm.

First up! I had two reservations I needed to make...dinner at Chef Mickey and baby's first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop!

My Chef Mickey reservation was one of the reservations with a time later than I would've liked. I then immediately logged into Touring Plans and used their reservation finder to set an alert to notify me of the time I wanted. Before the day was over a better time popped up, and I grabbed it!

As a side note, I highly recommend a
Touring Plans subscription. Their trip planning info is awesome. The reservation finder is a bonus! It saves so much time as opposed to constantly searching to find the time you want for a reservation!

I'm also so excited about getting my son's first haircut in MK! It's going to be a great first day on May 6!

Last edited:
My list of dining reservations are:
May 6: Chef Mickey 715pm (Harmony Barber Shop is at 2pm)
May 7: Whispering Canyon 545pm
May 8: Via Napoli 105pm
May 9: Captain's Grille 645pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 10: Crystal Palace 835am
May 11: The Wave 7pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 12: Trattoria Al Forno 715pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 13: Kona 830am
1900 Park Fare 620pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 14: Beaches & Cream 740pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 15: BOMA 640pm
May 16: departure day-none

Congrats on your baby, it may be time for you to start thinking about moving to the area ,just think how spoiled your children would be then,we are moving there in June I'm counting the days , and throwing a Disney and Universal trip in there in March before we move

Congrats on your baby, it may be time for you to start thinking about moving to the area ,just think how spoiled your children would be then,we are moving there in June I'm counting the days , and throwing a Disney and Universal trip in there in March before we move

Our house will be paid off when we are in our late 40s. Then, there is always the possibility we will sell and move out of cold Ohio :) In the meantime, I hope to be able to buy a DVC resale contract in a few years! Enjoy your move!!!

May 9: Captain's Grille 645pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 11: The Wave 7pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 12: Trattoria Al Forno 715pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
1900 Park Fare 620pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)
May 14: Beaches & Cream 740pm (Touring Plans search to make earlier)

Looks like a great line up! I hope you're able to nab the times you're looking to get.

You've got a few on here we've never done, and some old favorites too., can't wait to see your pictures for. These meals!!

Our days just barely overlap! We are going to be down there May 15-19 for our son's first trip, but he will be 20 months at the time. The only restaurants of yours that I've done are Via Napoli and Crystal Palace, but I love both of those!!!

Our days just barely overlap! We are going to be down there May 15-19 for our son's first trip, but he will be 20 months at the time. The only restaurants of yours that I've done are Via Napoli and Crystal Palace, but I love both of those!!!

Great to hear! My little one has been a very good baby so far in his life, but by Disney trip time he will be fully on the move HAHAHA. I am slightly nervous the closer we get!

Joining in! We will be there a little after you (6/3-6/11). We are renting points from a friend and will be at a studio at WL. I have several of the same dining plans as you but we don't book until Dec 5th. I also have two boys, though mine are closer together in age (2.5 and 5). My 5 year old's first trip was at 9.5 months and he had his first haircut at Disney. I was pumping at the time for him, and my DS and I went with my parents, so it was an interesting trip. I got to take my youngest for his first trip this past June and it was a ball for him and his older brother.

Oh and love the costumes. My boys are obsessed with Angry Birds.

Looking forward to following along with your plans!

Joining in! We will be there a little after you (6/3-6/11). We are renting points from a friend and will be at a studio at WL. I have several of the same dining plans as you but we don't book until Dec 5th. I also have two boys, though mine are closer together in age (2.5 and 5). My 5 year old's first trip was at 9.5 months and he had his first haircut at Disney. I was pumping at the time for him, and my DS and I went with my parents, so it was an interesting trip. I got to take my youngest for his first trip this past June and it was a ball for him and his older brother.

Oh and love the costumes. My boys are obsessed with Angry Birds.

Looking forward to following along with your plans!

Welcome! I am a little nervous taking a youngster. My older son was 5 during his first trip & did not even require a stroller HAHA :D I am thinking the excitement I am going to have over seeing him in all of these situations will outweigh everything else!

UPDATE: Thanks to Touring Plans they've found better times for all of our reservations :yay:

May 9: Captain's Grille 515pm (was 645pm)
May 11: The Wave 530pm (was 7pm)
May 12: Trattoria Al Forno 500pm (was 715pm)
1900 Park Fare 510pm (was 620pm)
May 14: Beaches & Cream 600pm (was 740pm)

This weekend we decided to see the big man, Santa, before the crazy holiday crowds hit. I couldn't resist dressing my almost 5 month old up as Santa. He is turning into quite the healthy chunk lately :) Santa will be bringing some Disney goodies this Christmas too!

disboards1.jpg disboards2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter