Planning multiple days at Disney

Heather Woodbury

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting in October 2018 with our 5 & 8 yo children. We are doing 2 days at MK, 1 day at AK and 1 day at Universal. We are arriving late on our first day (11:30 pm), but have already booked brunch at Chef Mickey's for the first full day of vacation (a Monday). My husband & I are trying to decide which day we should return to MK and do the Hoop De Doo Revue. He thinks we should go back to back and return Tuesday. I feel we should plan to return at the end of the week to give them time to look forward to the return and think about what rides/attractions they want to visit/revisit, so maybe that Friday or Saturday. We fly out on Sunday at 4:40 so won't be doing much that day. What are your thought for back to back MK visits vs spacing them out a bit with children?

We like doing MK as the first and last park. On our first trip, we did MK as our first and last park days with Epcot and HS in the middle (skipped AK that trip because it was super hot), and we did the MK fireworks on the last day as a big "farewell" to Disney. On our most recent trip (kids are now 8 and 5), which was longer, we did the MK fireworks on our first day (half day/arrival day), a full MK day in the middle of the trip, and then a half day at MK the last day followed by the 4:00 Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. It was very easy to take the boat to Fort Wilderness from MK for the show, and you could even plan to see the fireworks after HDDR by taking the boat back to MK (unless that is a MNSSHP night). I think in your situation starting and ending the trip with MK is a good plan. You can repeat things that were favorites on the first day as well as hit some new things as a way to close out the trip.

Well, we scored breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table this morning so we are going on our first and last days of our trip, by choice or not! :love: Starting out with Chef Mickey's ::MickeyMo and ending with Cinderella's Table princess: - I think the kids will be very excited! So am I! Thanks for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter