Planning for Oct trip

Cindy Cooper

Earning My Ears
Here is our schedule what are your thoughts. The trip is for our family of 4, 2 boys ages 4 & 6. They have both been before but don't think they remember much.

We are driving from Chattanooga TN and will probably leave Friday night and drive 5 hours and spend the night and have about 3.5 to drive on Saturday Morning. I am hoping this allows us to feel more rested for the trip!

Sat drive in.
Sun - Chef Mickey @8:10 then Magic Kingdom
Mon (Columbus Day) -Hollywood & Vine @ 8:35 then Hollywood Studios
Tues - relax at hotel then @4 MNSSHP
Wed-Epcot during the day, Then parents only for dinner @ Le Cellier Steakhouse @8:15pm
Thur-Animal Kingdom Lunch@1:45 Rainforest Cafe
Friday- Which ever park we feel we need to go back to. Dinner @ Be Our Guest @5:10 pm
Saturday-Driving home, unless we extend our tickets and go to another park where we need more time.

I would recommend:

Rope drop on Sunday and skip chef mickeys. Columbus weekend is busy and you'll kick yourself for that.

Hollywood and vine isn't a fav but your kids are age for dis jr characters.

Rainforest cafe is good but it's out of the park. So that will mean doing security 2x if you go back in the park after lunch. Consider tusker house or qs at pizzafari or that place in Dino land.

We always do rainforest Cafe on our animal kingdom day....Did you book for animal kingdom or Disney springs? Bc animal kingdom rainforest Cafe has an entrance from inside the park...Super easy!

I agree that your Chef Mickey's ADR at 8:10 may get you to the MK later than you might like. Plan at least 75 min for breakfast there, plus walking time to the entrance, and you won't be on Main Street until 9:45-10:00 at the earliest. You'll miss at least an hour of good park time.

Where are you staying?

Who is watching the kids on your Le Celliet night? That time would be too late for my kids if they were going to one of the kids clubs on property. If someone is going to your room, that should be fine though.

I agree that your Chef Mickey's ADR at 8:10 may get you to the MK later than you might like. Plan at least 75 min for breakfast there, plus walking time to the entrance, and you won't be on Main Street until 9:45-10:00 at the earliest. You'll miss at least an hour of good park time.

Where are you staying?

Our reservations are for Saratoga Springs. We are on the waiting list for Bay Lake towers.

Who is watching the kids on your Le Celliet night? That time would be too late for my kids if they were going to one of the kids clubs on property. If someone is going to your room, that should be fine though.

i was going to have someone keep them in our room that evening.

Where are you staying?

My husband's family always started their trip with Breakfast at Chef Mickey so that is what he wanted to do. We are not as concerned with missing the hour in the park. My husband is legally blind (has about 15% of central vision) so we will have an ADR which will help us get to everything that we want to see & do. What we don't get to we can do the night of the NSSMHP or on Friday when we come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter