Planning best possible GE experience

Revan46

Mouseketeer
Hey folks,

Since I felt this fell a little outside of just ROR planning, thought it might be better to create my own thread for advice.

So I will be going on Monday (as I've mentioned before) and have a park hopper so I want to try and not be at HS all day (I know depending on boarding group may have to return). I want to really ensure I have the best possible experience and would love suggestions on how to ensure my GE experience is what I'm hoping for.

I plan to hopefully get to the park about 6/6:15 latest as it'll be a 7 am opening on Jan. 6. Hopefully get a good number for the boarding groups if all goes well as I'm going to buy a travel data pass so not to rely on Disney's hit and miss Wi-Fi. From there I'm trying to decide between either going to MFSR (in hopes I'm at a good place rope drop plus being on my own I can sort of weave my way through people and groups :P) or to a 7:30 droid building and then MFSR. I'm curious what people think is the better idea, as I can also get into droid building at about 9:40 too. I then have lightsaber building booked at 10:45 a.m. I was then planning to head to other parks for the rest of my day/to kill time and enjoy rest of day until RoR boarding group is hopefully called.

Obviously, depending on my boarding group it can change things around. But if you awesome folks have more suggestions for GE I'd love to hear.

Thanks!

I would do MFSR right at rope drop. Both of the days I was there, I followed the CMs to the left from where they held us and was within the first 200 people to ride the Falcon. I was done within 20-30 minutes and the line immediately wrapped all the way around the land and was over 2 hours for most of the morning. (Keeping in mind that I was there Christmas Eve and Day but I imagine it will remain crowded in January.)

I would do MFSR right at rope drop. Both of the days I was there, I followed the CMs to the left from where they held us and was within the first 200 people to ride the Falcon. I was done within 20-30 minutes and the line immediately wrapped all the way around the land and was over 2 hours for most of the morning. (Keeping in mind that I was there Christmas Eve and Day but I imagine it will remain crowded in January.)
Good to know. Yes, I've gone before in January around this time. Funny enough, even though school's back for many come the 6th, I think I went on Monday the 7th last time or something and it was still crowded as anything. I feel like if you ever want to get a semi non-crowded time, go in like October XD

I have no help but just wanted to say "Good Luck!" I will also be there on Monday and trying to get a boarding group for the first time.

If you are on your own, absolutely head to MSFR first thing. Book a later droid ADR if you can, they are annoying to carry around and don't interact with the land that much (unless you are planning to ship to resort or hold at the front of the park).

If you are on your own, absolutely head to MSFR first thing. Book a later droid ADR if you can, they are annoying to carry around and don't interact with the land that much (unless you are planning to ship to resort or hold at the front of the park).
Thanks! Yes I plan on doing the ship to front BUT I did rebook my droid for later in the morning so that I can do SR at rope drop. Btw as I have park hopper, does anyone know how long I can have my droid (and lightsaber) kept at the front of the park until I pick it up? I'd like to be able to return after doing other parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter