Planning Aulani Help

John-DVC

Earning My Ears
Hi All - My family and I are joining the DVC family (about to close on Aulani). I won’t have access to the account until Jan 2018 and would like your help on some trip planning.

Family and I were hoping to go in May 2018 for 1 week but weren’t sure if that was realistic being only 4 months out. We were hoping for a 2 bedroom + a studio or hotel room. We would probably go as cheap a view as possible. Would be great if a standard view is available.

If May isn’t good we will probably look at late Sept 2018 but May would be wonderful as it is better for school and work.

Thanks for the input.

Can't say for may or sept but usually the farther ahead you plan the better the chance.

Normally hotel rooms at Aulani goes fast as they a the cheapest points wise, so I think you are out of luck on those. The 2br and studio I think it depends on your choice of view. The better the view, the more expensive = a better chance of booking closer to checkin.

Just looked at the standard view the best you can get right NOW is 3 days in a row in a studio and 4 days in a 2br. Hotel room has 4 days in total available in may. The other view types and room sizes has more availability.

I think you should plan for a sept vacation.

regards

There are a total.of less than 10 hotel units for DVC. It is a very small number and even at 11 months they can be gone wuick.

Standard view rooms are very hard to get at the 7 month mark or later at Aulani. Aulani owners usually book those rooms first. Also the hotel rooms also go before the 7 month mark. I think the studio might give you some problems if you don't close soon.

Any time around school vacation periods gets tricky to book at Aulani at the 7 month mark or later, June is an excellent example as it often books solid. Also around the Hawaiian school vacation times it is even more difficult to book because the locals are taking their staycations at their home resort. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. Will plan for September.
Aulani is one of our homes. Wee made 5 res in the last couple years there. IMO- Both are good times. Sept is probably best of course. No chance of a hotel room outside of a week of 11 months. Locals go there frequently too and so you’d at least be blocked out on weekend. Otherwise, you can certainly get an island view for sept which isn’t terribly more than standard. May? Maybe as long as you’re not wanting mem day.
I got my gf a studio standard view to join us for 3 nights of our trip the week before Xmas just a few weeks ago. So... you never know. People book and then choke when they see the airfare.
Congrats! See you there!

Aulani (from past experience) is considerably more expensive the closer to your vacation you book. September will probably be a better bet if feasible, and the weather should be beautiful that time of year. I lived on Oahu for two years and have been to Aulani many times. You'll have a blast! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter