Planning Advice--Having issues with my Itinerary November 2016 Trip

Ginny Lee

Earning My Ears
Greetings!
I have me and my family booked for the following:
11/12/16-11/15/16: Art of Animation
11/15/16-11/19/16: Art of Animation (free dining option, I added the 3 nights before for extra time and Xmas Party)

So here is what I have broken down thus far:
11/12--Arrival :) (driving 9 hours--may explore the resort, depending on how tired we are)
11/13--AM--nothing, starting at 4pm--> MVMCP!
11/14--AM--nothing, lunch reso at TREX Cafe in Disney Springs at 1pm--PM--> nothing
11/15--may need to transfer rooms, however, 1st day in parks (we have a 4 day Park Hopper starting today)
11/16--Parks
11/17--Parks, 1 lunch reso at 1:15 at 50s Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios
11/18--Parks
11/19--Departure :(

My group consists of me, husband, daughter (5 in December)--42" height, and mother-in-law (She is arriving 11/14 and leaving 11/18).

Here are my issues:
What to do on the AM of 11/13, AM of 11/14 before lunch (lunch can be cancelled if need be) and after exploring Disney Springs after lunch, what to do in PM of 11/14?
What parks to tackle in 4 days--can we do all 4?
With EMH in some parks--are those parks really that busy the day of?
How to plan the Parks days--what parks should I do on what day?

Thank you!!!!!! I'm a busy full-time working, Master's-earning, mom of 1 who has 3 weeks to go and NO PLAN in place...driving myself crazy that I'm not prepared for this trip.

As for alternatives, have you considered a Disney or other waterpark for 1/2 the day? How about the Orlando Eye?

I really want to go to Universal for the day, but the price is too much.
I think I want to look at some local spots--Orlando Eye is one, perhaps, driving down International Drive (my husband and daughter haven't seen it, then again, I haven't seen it since 2000)--not sure if that is worth it?
I also wanted to check out other Disney resorts and to just explore them. I may do that for the am before MVMCP. Thank you so much for your response!

I always plan against EMH. Do you have park hoppers? If you don't, I say go to a park that doesn't have EMH because the parks with EMH will be busier. If you have a hopper you could always take advantage of the extra hours and spend the non extra hours at another park.

Have you considered adding some days to your ticket? For not a lot of money, you can turn your 4-day ticket into a 6-day ticket, pick it up early and get some more park time in.

I was also going to suggest extending your park tickets and picking them up early ahead of your package. Adding extra days is usually relatively low in cost.

In November, pool time can be a 50/50 chance depending on the weather. Other than exploring Disney Springs, you could also do mini golf, check out the Boardwalk area, resort hop including a monorail crawl, watch fireworks from the Poly beach, plan a breakfast or dinner at a resort you want to visit, etc.

I would recommend eating before you go to MVMCP. We've found that eating anything more than a snack during the parties takes up too much time, and food venues can get crowded since not all of them are open.

Have you considered adding some days to your ticket? For not a lot of money, you can turn your 4-day ticket into a 6-day ticket, pick it up early and get some more park time in.
We do have Park hoppers and I didn't know you could do that.
We have a Magic Your Way-Free Dining package for 11/15-11/19--can we add days and pick it up early? and How would I do that? The tickets are tied to that reservation. Hmmmm. I thought if you add days, you could only use it starting the day of your vacation (11/15).

@Ginny Lee - it's my understanding, unless something has recently changed, that you can visit any guest services location and they have the ability to activate the tickets tied to your package up to 3 days in advance of your check-in date. It would be activated for use on your MBs.

We do have Park hoppers and I didn't know you could do that.
We have a Magic Your Way-Free Dining package for 11/15-11/19--can we add days and pick it up early? and How would I do that? The tickets are tied to that reservation. Hmmmm. I thought if you add days, you could only use it starting the day of your vacation (11/15).

You can pick up early; just ask when you check in for your first reservation. Once you use them, add on the days you want. Enjoy!

As to planning, since you have park hoppers, I would utilize EMH. If you're early risers, start your day there and hop to a more recommended park for later. If you're night owls, do it in reverse.

You can pick up early; just ask when you check in for your first reservation. Once you use them, add on the days you want. Enjoy!

As to planning, since you have park hoppers, I would utilize EMH. If you're early risers, start your day there and hop to a more recommended park for later. If you're night owls, do it in reverse.

That is amazing!! I will definitely do that now! Just so I have this straight: for the 1st reservation, check in and ask the cast member if we can pick up the tickets early and add the extra days on?

Now I am super excited!!!

That is amazing!! I will definitely do that now! Just so I have this straight: for the 1st reservation, check in and ask the cast member if we can pick up the tickets early and add the extra days on?

Yep, that should do it.

The resort CM may not be able to help you. It can definitely be done at guest relations.

once you get the tickets activated and add more days you can try to make same day FP+ for the 12th and make FP+ for the 13th and 14th.

For sure get those tickets added on and make FP for the days you can ASAP. You'll feel better about it all! If you don't get the FP you want, keep checking as availability will change the closer you get! Something is better than nothing! If you don't add days, go to Disney Springs! It has a Disney feel and is fun! I'd go on the monorail loop and get off and check out the decorations at all those resorts. You can also take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and check theirs out. Have a quick service meal at any of those hotels as they all have great ones to choose from! Enjoy!

For sure get those tickets added on and make FP for the days you can ASAP. You'll feel better about it all! If you don't get the FP you want, keep checking as availability will change the closer you get! Something is better than nothing! If you don't add days, go to Disney Springs! It has a Disney feel and is fun! I'd go on the monorail loop and get off and check out the decorations at all those resorts. You can also take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and check theirs out. Have a quick service meal at any of those hotels as they all have great ones to choose from! Enjoy!

Should I call and get those days added on now and then once I get to Guest Relations at the parks, ask to have them activated early? Or, just wait till I get to Guest Relations on the 12th and buy the additional days then and ask to have them activated early right then? (Just trying to dot my I's and cross my T's!!) Thank you all!

Should I call and get those days added on now and then once I get to Guest Relations at the parks, ask to have them activated early? Or, just wait till I get to Guest Relations on the 12th and buy the additional days then and ask to have them activated early right then? (Just trying to dot my I's and cross my T's!!) Thank you all!

The benefit of calling to add them now, if permitted, would be that you can make FP+ reservations now instead of having to wait. You also would only have one piece of business to take care of at guest relations, so it wouldn't take as long there. I assume you can call now to extend the tickets and just pay the difference by credit card, but I've never done it myself.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter