Planning a Trip for 70-80 year olds

From all the comments its clear that there can be a wide range of ability/mobility. Of course this is not just something related to age, but it would tend to be more pronounced as we get older. And of course preferences for what to do vary a lot. Again this is true at any age. I'm not sure that aging really affects our desire for what we would like to do (physical circumstances can definitely affect what we are able to do).
All that said, I am so appreciative that when I go next September when I'm 69 I will be as excited for EVERYTHING as I was when I was 5 (yes less than a year after the park opened). And at this point I'm in great shape and able to experience everything. I walk, exercise, swim and snorkel on vacation, and I can still take a 7AM to midnight non-stop day. So looking forward to taking the 5 and 10 year old kids next year for their first visit - 5 non-stop days!
Sorry to sound like I'm gloating, but I feel just like a kid again when I go to DL.

My Mom was 70 when I took her, she loved Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and all the other slow rides too. It just depends on how mobile someone is. I'm lucky that she is still so active. I hope to do all the rides until I'm 90. Just not Guardians, I just can't take it. Even when I was 20 I hated the old Freefall ride at Magic Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter