• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning a trip - Couple questions

Mister Toad

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip for this summer, part of it will include stopping into TDLR.

Right now we are planning on staying 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel, July 15 and 16. I know from looking around that July 15 is a national holiday, is this a bad idea? I keep thinking that Memorial day is normally mobbed, and if we would be better off trying to go later in the week (Tues/Weds in place of Mon/Tues).

Also, other than the proximity and all that, are there any other benefits to staying at DL hotels? I haven't seen anything about any sort of extra magic hours, benefits, etc.

Thanks!

Also, other than the proximity and all that, are there any other benefits to staying at DL hotels? I haven't seen anything about any sort of extra magic hours, benefits, etc.

As I understand how it works based on my visits, guests at the Tokyo Disneyland and Ambassador hotels can enter Tokyo Disneyland about 10-15 minutes before everyone else; guests at the MiraCosta can enter DisneySea about 10-15 minutes before everyone else. There won't necessarily be any attractions running (although on one occasion, the new Monsters, Inc. ride was accessible); early entry merely positions you to be at the front of the pack at an internal rope drop when the park opens.

Everything you've ever heard about polite Japanese behavior doesn't apply at rope drop. At Disneyland, the crowd probably is headed towards Pooh's Hunny Hunt; at DisneySea, the crowd probably is headed to Toy Story Mania.

As I understand how it works based on my visits, guests at the Tokyo Disneyland and Ambassador hotels can enter Tokyo Disneyland about 10-15 minutes before everyone else; guests at the MiraCosta can enter DisneySea about 10-15 minutes before everyone else. There won't necessarily be any attractions running (although on one occasion, the new Monsters, Inc. ride was accessible); early entry merely positions you to be at the front of the pack at an internal rope drop when the park opens.

Everything you've ever heard about polite Japanese behavior doesn't apply at rope drop. At Disneyland, the crowd probably is headed towards Pooh's Hunny Hunt; at DisneySea, the crowd probably is headed to Toy Story Mania.

Thanks for the tips. Definitely interested in Hunny Hunt, since TS Mania is in the US, I may try to avoid the crowd and check out some of the unique attractions.

Appreciate the tips!

At least you will be avoiding the weekend, which is insane. Monday the 15th should be pretty crowded, but very manageable with FP at DS. Tuesday the 16th should be relatively light, so that's the day you should do DL.

If you can squeeze it in, do try Toy Story at TDS. The ride is the same but the theming in the cue is excellent. It sure beats the sporadic umbrella covering the line like the Anaheim Toy Story. ;)

This is true, but all hotels get the slightly early access for both parks. We stayed at the Mira Costa and got in early to Disneyland. That was three years ago, I don't know if it's changed

This is true, but all hotels get the slightly early access for both parks. We stayed at the Mira Costa and got in early to Disneyland.

I'm not sure that it works in reverse. At least, staying at the Ambassador, we were not offered the opportunity to enter DisneySea early - only Disneyland.

Do they check if you are actually staying there??

On our second day at Disneysea, I wanted to look in the lobby of the Miracosta so we walked through there and used the guest entry into the park, no one checked to see if we were guests, it wasn't rope drop time, was probably around 10:00.

On our second day at Disneysea, I wanted to look in the lobby of the Miracosta so we walked through there and used the guest entry into the park, no one checked to see if we were guests, it wasn't rope drop time, was probably around 10:00.

Once the park is open, anyone can enter via the MiraCosta entrance...

As for park opening, I stayed 6 nights at MiraCosta and 1 at the DL Hotel last week. I received early entry pass every AM for Disneyland at both hotels. However, early admission to DisneySea is only for MiraCosta folks.

At the TDLH we were given separate passes, one for each day of our stay, to do the 15min early entry. We had to present these to a CM to be allowed into the waiting area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter