• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning 2 trips ahead - am I crazy?

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
OK, I'm am a Disaholic...they say the first step is admitting you have a problem.
We are leaving for a 5 day trip to Disney 3 weeks from tomorrow. How crazy is it that I am already stressing that it won't be enough time, will fly by and be over before I know it? How crazy is it that I'm already trying to decide when to go again, for how long and at what resort?
Am I the only one?

OK, I'm am a Disaholic...they say the first step is admitting you have a problem.
We are leaving for a 5 day trip to Disney 3 weeks from tomorrow. How crazy is it that I am already stressing that it won't be enough time, will fly by and be over before I know it? How crazy is it that I'm already trying to decide when to go again, for how long and at what resort?
Am I the only one?

^^^ Nope you are not alone. We went for 6 days last summer and it simply wasn't enough, even though we only did Disney parks and nothing else. Guess what we all thought of the minute we left. You guess it! When do we go back to Disney? We have a Disney trip planned for the summer and believe it or not we are already thinking of the next one. Yup! That's a serious level of addiction.

Welcome to the club....we will be in Disney in March and did have a Sept trip planned as well. We have since cancelled the Sept trip because we want to buy a house this year. However, my girlfriend and I are in the beginning stages of planning out a May 2011 trip for her family and mine (this will be their first visit to the World). We already know when we want to go and where we want to stay, just waiting for August to come around so we can book it with the 2011 rates. My family and I love the whole waiting til the next trip, so when we are on ME, that is when we are talking about when we should return :goodvibes

Definitely not. You'll find many who plan that many trips or more in advance. The two in my sig were planned before our last trip in December and already tentative plans are being made for 2 in 2011. ;).

Sometimes, when living in Virginia, Judy and I would have four or five trips on the calendar at one time including room reservations. But we had our APs and never did packages.

Definatly not alone. We are taking our first trip in April 6night/7days and I've already asked DH what month would he like to go back! I'm going to need more!!

We skipped a few things on our first trip knowing we would come back eventually. I think when you only have 5-6 days to do everything Disney has to offer, if you know youre going back, it makes *perfect* sense to plan around both trips... That way you can make sure you fit in the essentials without feeling rushed.

Our first trip, we skipped some Anial Kingdom things, the under the sea show, and the Osborne Lights, and a year later made sure to hit those things early on.

Definitely not alone! Thanks for sharing the addiction.

We went in Sept. 2008 with college friends knowing we would return in June 2009 with our kids. While we were on the '08 trip, we all agreed we wanted to do it again in Sept 2011. I had thought we'd take off 2010:sad1:, but then with the GAD-GADD and a great offsite option, we're going in August. We already had the Sept 2011 trip planned and decided to buy APs for DH and I on that one and return with our kids in June 2012. So right now, I have three trips planned!:cool1: DH wants to try to squeeze in another in the year that we have the APs for just the two of us! How I love that man!:love:

My family and friends think I am crazy, but I don't care. They just don't know what they are missing. We used to cruise at least once a year, but now we just like going to Disneyworld. We just went in early Dec. and spent 8 days. The first three we didn't even go to the parks. We just enjoyed the resorts and Downtown Disney(Just DH,63 and me,61). I am going back in 2 weeks with my DIL and 3 grandkids for 5 days. Then DH and I will be going back in late Nov or early Dec. again. Some people go back to the same beach or mountain vacation every year. Whatever makes you happy!

To the above poster, I know what you mean when you say that your family and friends think you are crazy. Sometimes I dread telling people that we are planning to go to Disney again. Most people just don't get it.

What I love is coming to the disboards and seeing that although I look addicted to most peole I know I am not that addicted compared to many people at the dis! It is great :cool1:

I've got our vacations planned out for the next 3 - 4 years...I love my DVC!!!!

We went to Disney March 09 (bought into DVC:love::rotfl2:), Nov. 09, and have the next 3 trips with DVC ressies already planned! :banana:This President's day weekend, a week in July 2010, and another week at the end of Nov. 2010... Plus any other 3 day weekend we can escape! LOL

you are not alone. I just finished planning and finalizing our May trip (8days) and now I'm planning a Nov/Dec trip (hoping to make it 10 days). Between that I'm planning a trip to DC for my son Feb school break and Spring break to Atlanta. My husband wants to add a Caribbean but for the same money...I said I can add another Disney (he laughs and says don't you think 2x in a year is alot...I think if I go to Disney ever vacation we have is alot but I'm compromising with him 2x...he is not much Disney fan...he goes b/c it makes me and my son happy)
HAPPY Planning...that's why I love the Disboard...family and friends don't get the Disney magic. We are going to both trips without telling our family...they go again and don't you guys get tired of the same thing. But if he say we are going to Atlantis...they don't say anything. One year, we went with our family 3x and that's normal to them (the cost of Atlantis Bahamas is 5x the price of Disney):eek:

Well, if you are crazy you have lots of company, including me. :rotfl:

We had the two trips in my tickers below planned before our last trip in December and I'm already planning another one for Christmas this year. Defintely going to get my money's worth out of those AP's. :thumbsup2

Ha!! :lmao: With the b'day passes last year we had to go in May for mine. Did the buy 4 get 3. Of course we were already booked for free dining in Sept & again in Nov for dd's b'day!! Planning all those and making adr's for 3 trips, lol. :dance3: Then did a little impromptu trip for 2 days in Dec. :santa: Now we want to go back so bad before our AP's run out in May but probably going to have to wait til Sept. :sad2:

While I'm a borderline obsessive planner, DH really has me beat. We're always three to four trips ahead with planning. The next trip DH was working on putting together before he took DS to WDW this past Friday was next July. We're looking at a family trip staying at VGC over July 4th and then DS and I heading to Alaska for a 7-night DCL cruise.

Until then we've already got 3 trips books and airfare all set for the two: We're going on our 1st ABD trip (Backstage Magic) in June and then spending an additional week at DL before heading to Vegas, then in August we're heading to WDW for free dining (Bounceback offer from last fall), and then in November we're back down to WDW for a few nights, then off on the Wonder for a 3-night cruise, then back to WDW for a few more nights.

Do you all find that it's tough to keep all your multiple trips straight?

I'm an advanced planner too. Knowing you will come again, though, helps when making ticket choice decisions. We're doing a very short trip in March -- and my overall thoughts are Wow -- this is such a fun place to go for a mini trip and one of my best bets of a place to go with my son for cost/enjoyment, I think we'll do a mini trip next March in the Orlando area again for spring break too. That means, for example, for Sea World, I just bought two year annual passes that will save me some money. That wouldn't have made any sense if I didn't have any idea of what I'll be doing in 2011. Trip planning, though, is a little bit of a hobby with me -- something I really enjoy. I think it's stress relief for me. I don't get that much vacation and tend to plan out all aspects of trips pretty meticulously. You're not alone on this one.

We have a 10 night trip booked for May, an 8 night trip booked for September, and are going to book 3 trips for 2011 as soon as my DVC 11 month booking window opens up. We always visited Disney at least once a year, but since buying into DVC, we can visit alot more often!!

Am I the only one?
No, you are not crazy. No, you are not the only one.
It is impossible to choose the lowest price admission ticket combination without planning your schedule that far out.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/dispass.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter