Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• Total voters

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! Anyone here on the Dis apply for the PlanDisney panel this year? Round 2 emails went out to most applicants this morning. This my fifth year applying and 2nd time making it to Round 2 for DVC. If you've applied, for which specialty did you apply?

Hello everyone! Anyone here on the Dis apply for the PlanDisney panel this year? Round 2 emails went out to most applicants this morning. This my fifth year applying and 2nd time making it to Round 2 for DVC. If you've applied, for which specialty did you apply?
I applied for WDW but did not make it to round 2 ☹️

Good luck! Hope you're successful this time!

WDW applicant, advanced to round two. The camera on my phone is awful, and I'll be on property when Phase 2 opens.

Anyone have suggestions of quiet areas I can film? I was thinking the lobby of Boulder Ridge.

WDW applicant, advanced to round two. The camera on my phone is awful, and I'll be on property when Phase 2 opens.

Anyone have suggestions of quiet areas I can film? I was thinking the lobby of Boulder Ridge.
I was going to recommend at the hotel, if you're on property. I'd worry that the parks would be too loud and distracting. Congrats!

If you really can’t get out of the park, there’s that area behind the Dumbo fountains and Big Top that doesn’t usually have a lot of people. You also might find a quiet spot on Tom Sawyer’s Island.

Never heard of this but curious how they choose those who advance to the 'next round'? I assume it is some sort of survey by Disney to gather input.

Never heard of this but curious how they choose those who advance to the 'next round'? I assume it is some sort of survey by Disney to gather input.

There was an application where they ask a number of sample questions as if you're a PlanDisney Panelist. This was a few weeks ago.

Hello! Thanks for starting this thread. I got the email yesterday that I made it to Round 2. I am still in complete shock. I literally applied at the last minute and didn't have a chance to over think my answers. Maybe that what the trick? Who knows?

How do you know which category you're in the running for? I selected DVC and WDW on the application.

Good luck to all!
Stacey

I received my rejection letter - again :laughing: I'm going for a record of most tries with never making it past round 1 :rotfl2: I can't even tell you how many years I've tried. I think I only missed one because of the way our trips fell I didn't have one in the required time frame and then of course last year when they didn't take applications. This year's I thought for sure since it required a trip within the time since they've been open and I had one. Oh well. Some day.... maybe.... lol

I was wondering if this was the Moms Panel. I used to always try to get on that panel, wasn't sure what this was so I didn't apply. What kind of questions did they ask?

Hello! Thanks for starting this thread. I got the email yesterday that I made it to Round 2. I am still in complete shock. I literally applied at the last minute and didn't have a chance to over think my answers. Maybe that what the trick? Who knows?

How do you know which category you're in the running for? I selected DVC and WDW on the application.

Good luck to all!
Stacey
I assume that we are being considered for our "first choice" specialty, since that is what the first round questions are geared toward. I would think that the "back-up option" is just in case they really like you but don't have a space in your first choice specialty. I also applied for DVC, and WDW was my second choice. FWIW, I've applied, I think 5 times. The first 3 times were for WDW, and I never made it past R1. In 2019 and this year, I applied for DVC and made it to R2 both times.

I was wondering if this was the Moms Panel. I used to always try to get on that panel, wasn't sure what this was so I didn't apply. What kind of questions did they ask?
It depends which specialty you apply for, but for DVC, there are several questions that basically try to gauge how much experience you have using DVC, what your family make-up is, etc. Then for the last item, you answer a "sample question," as if you were answering as a panelist. For the last item, there are usually 3-4 options to choose from.

For anyone who is interested, there is also a very active (4k+ members) Facebook group for applicants, called planDisney Panel Hopefuls. There are also a number of current and past panelists in the group. It's very positive and supportive.

Wait, so does that mean there are still 4,000 people in the pool lol? Yikes! But I did read somewhere that a rumored 10,000 to 20,000 people apply each year. That’s so crazy, and congrats to everyone who advanced to the next round.

I’m also jealous of those of you who have multiple specialties haha. I’m sure DVC is a much smaller pool. I’m going on a cruise next summer, so when I inevitably have to apply again next year, I’m definitely going to try for that one, too! I feel like everyone and their dog is going for WDW.

Is anyone else planning their video yet? I’m so excited (and nervous) to get the instructions so we know what we’re actually supposed to do!

Wait, so does that mean there are still 4,000 people in the pool lol? Yikes! But I did read somewhere that a rumored 10,000 to 20,000 people apply each year. That’s so crazy, and congrats to everyone who advanced to the next round.
Well, nobody really knows how many are in the pool at this point, but likely at least several hundred, if not more. But the FB group includes ppl who did not advance, did not even apply this year, etc. The group has been around for several years, so it's not just this year's R2 candidates! :)

I keep racking my brain about what they could be asking us for in the video. I have watched a few video from past applicants a d I don’t know if that is a good thing to bad thing. Some are so elaborate. I look at them and think “I can’t do that!” But my husband reminds me that if they were looking for a marketing executive, that is what they would have been hiring for. They are looking for normal people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter