Plan Park visits based on Extra Magic Hours?

Frequent Flyer

Mouseketeer
I had a general plan for which parks to visit on which days, but now I see the extra magic hours. Should I change my plans and go to the parks on the days that they have EMH (or at least start the days at those parks)?

Tomorrow is 180 days !!!! so I need to make my dining reservations in the morning.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Tips?

The park with EMH will be busy. You can get a lot done by rope dropping an AM EMH park and then leave once the park starts getting busy. It usually takes a good hour or two before it gets busy and you can get a lot done in that timeframe. (Most of the time)

I had a general plan for which parks to visit on which days, but now I see the extra magic hours. Should I change my plans and go to the parks on the days that they have EMH (or at least start the days at those parks)?

Tomorrow is 180 days !!!! so I need to make my dining reservations in the morning.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Tips?

We like to do the early EMH at MK. We'll sometimes do it at AK. With the addition of TSL at HS, we'll probably do one there. We'll do EP if it fits into the schedule. We always hop to another park around lunch time on the days we do early EMH.

However, I know my family will get up and get there. There are lots of people who plan to do the early EMH, but then they can't get everyone up, ready and out the door in time. With FP+, you're sort of locked in to that park whether you get there for the early hour or not, so be sure you're family will get out of bed before you decide to utilize the early EMH.

If your family are night-owls, then do the reverse and hop to the late EMH park. I think the early EMH hours are less crowded than the late, but others love them.

One last suggestion: Keep the plan you have now, but also make one utilizing your EMH of choice. The ADRs you're able to get may make the choice for you. However, don't set that schedule in stone even then. When it comes time for FP+, you may need to make adjustments again depending on what you can get for those.

We stay offsite, so aren't eligible for EMH. I know a lot of people say "avoid parks with EMH" or "go to a park that had EMH the day before". I honestly don't buy into any of that...at all. Most of the time, we have zero idea what parks had EMH what day because we don't pay attention since we aren't eligible. I couldn't tell you simply by the size of the crowd, I don't really notice any difference. This past trip, we booked one night at the Swan using rewards points, just so we can experience EMH. We did evening EMH at Epcot. Honestly, while it was fun, I wasn't overly impressed.

I say just go to whatever park you want, don't worry about EMH.

I like EMH in the AM but that being said I always have park hoppers. If you do I would start at parks that you want a little advantage at and if the park gets crowded you can hop out.

The park with EMH will be busy. You can get a lot done by rope dropping an AM EMH park and then leave once the park starts getting busy. It usually takes a good hour or two before it gets busy and you can get a lot done in that timeframe. (Most of the time)

That sounds like a good plan. Thank you.

We like to do the early EMH at MK. We'll sometimes do it at AK. With the addition of TSL at HS, we'll probably do one there. We'll do EP if it fits into the schedule. We always hop to another park around lunch time on the days we do early EMH.

However, I know my family will get up and get there. There are lots of people who plan to do the early EMH, but then they can't get everyone up, ready and out the door in time. With FP+, you're sort of locked in to that park whether you get there for the early hour or not, so be sure you're family will get out of bed before you decide to utilize the early EMH.

If your family are night-owls, then do the reverse and hop to the late EMH park. I think the early EMH hours are less crowded than the late, but others love them.

One last suggestion: Keep the plan you have now, but also make one utilizing your EMH of choice. The ADRs you're able to get may make the choice for you. However, don't set that schedule in stone even then. When it comes time for FP+, you may need to make adjustments again depending on what you can get for those.

Yeah, I have a teenager and a toddler, so I think a bunch of EMHs are probably unrealistic for us. I think we'll do two. HS for TSL and then hope over to my planned park, and then MK, all subject to FP+.

Great tips - things I hadn't thought of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter