• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plan on proposing at DisneyLand next week, looking for some tips

I would possibly rethink the time of day you want to propose. Night pictures can be notoriously hard to get right sometimes. Once the original moment is gone it's gone. You can always do some night photos later in the day where you can take more time with it. I wonder if a special spot and dusk would be better? I don't know much about lighting to be honest except sunlight might make you squint and night might lose details. Joust something to take into consideration and work around.

Is she also a Star Wars fan? In Galaxy's Edge, in front of the Milinial Falcon, just before the fireworks go off would be stunning, nd the photographer tends to have a very short line. We were there yesterday and had maybe 2 couples ahead of us.

Before the OP or anyone else following books this or any professional photographer for the parks, it would be wise to call DLR first to go over the regulations for having a professional photographer in the parks (especially since any rule can change or be updated at any time). Disney can be very strict about things like this, as noted in the posts above. DIS Boards does not promote violating any Disney policy, so for those considering doing this, please consult Disney first.
Once we were going through security at the same time as an international youth soccer club. They were quite surprised to find out that their film crew was not welcome with all their equipment. We didn't stick around to see how that was resolved. All the kids were waiting in line to buy their tickets individually, which makes me think the whole trip wasn't well planned.

Thanks WonkaKid! Really appreciate you saying you were going to do this for me and going through with it. You've definitely been of great help and I really thank you for it. God bless!!!
You're more than welcome. I always do what I say I will (otherwise, why say it? ;-)). I hope you'll keep us all updated. It sounds like you'll have a great story to tell at the end. I'll be at DL this Sunday from approx 7:00 a.m. till 3:00. If you'll be there then, by all means feel free to say hello. Many people from the board do :-). Best of luck!!!!

I'm not a professional photographer by any means, but I have a couple steps above amateur equipment and have learned quite a bit over the years just for the purposes of personal family photography. A couple of things 1. generally speaking I have not ever been super impressed with DL photographers. My impression is that they were hired and basically taught how to use auto mode (or, the camera is set for wherever they are that day.) I've always liked my stuff a lot better - both framing and lighting wise - and like I said I am nowhere NEAR any kind of hired photographer. So that said, I would be especially leery of night photography because it's very hard to get and make you look flattering. I would maybe rethink timing as well as finding someone outside of disney (if that's allowed.) Good luck!!

I proposed to my GF in Blue Bayou last Oct.

When I checked in I told them my plans and asked for a waterside table.

He asked me if I wanted the proposal package, I dont remember the exact name he called it.

Basically they would come out at a certain time with champagne and the ring (IF IM REMEMBERING CORRECTLY)

I do remember it being a bit more pricey than I wanted to pay so I passed on it.

They were very accommodating, just make sure you let them know like 30 mins or more before your actual check in time.

That ride was always my favorite as a kid, and now it will be mine and her's favorite for the rest of our life

The best part is every time we go back when we we pass by on the boats we can look and see OUR table that we got engaged at....makes it even better

Hello all!

Well my girlfriend is an avid lover of Disney, and she is just super excited for our visit there next week. I've already bought a ring for her so I think this is the perfect place to do it. She also loves fireworks so I intend on proposing during that show at the end of the night.

My question is; is there anybody at Disney I can contact to help me coordinate my proposal? I'm looking mainly for someone to help me find the right spot to do it, the right time, and of course a photographer.

Any other tips, suggestions, comments are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
Hey @EmeraldGreenz - are you at DL now? If so, has the proposal taken place yet? I’ll be there tomorrow from rope drop until about 2:30. Feel free to say hello if you happen to spot me :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter